News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

82 RC, 96 360 Magnum, MS2+ $1500, Texas

Started by workgoats, January 12, 2013, 06:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

Nick is not going to be able to finish this project.  His dad has some health issues and Nick will be buying his unfinished house.

Vehicle is a 82 RC.  We installed a 360 Magnum with a megasquirt 2+ computer, built by megasquirt.

It is getting signal from a crank position sensor and will start but needs tuning.  Driver side window is broken.  Front seats are from the 96 1500.  New tires (32") on turbine wheels.

$1,500.00

I will dig up some photos and publish here in a short. 

Truck is near Iola, Texas.

workgoats

crazzywolfie

too bad you guys are so far away. i could use 4x4 ram charger that is in better shape than mine. i swear i need to get a passport so i can come down there and pick myself up a nice clean dodge like that. all the hard work has already been done.

rjtx667

Quote from: crazzywolfie on January 12, 2013, 07:25:34 PM
too bad you guys are so far away. i could use 4x4 ram charger that is in better shape than mine. i swear i need to get a passport so i can come down there and pick myself up a nice clean dodge like that. all the hard work has already been done.

no passport required, send money and call a shipping truck  :13:

normally if you consider your time off work, gas, food, hotel... its cheaper to have them do it anyways. You can get quotes all day long and find a good one, if your not in a hurry for it then that makes it better.

Any other excuse  :tongue3:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

i think shipping the truck 1500 miles might be a bit of a deal breaker. i think it might be a bit more than i can afford. i know i was even thinking about measuring the trailers at work to see if it would fit. i know we usually ship at least 1 trailer down to Texas each week.

rjtx667

Quote from: crazzywolfie on January 14, 2013, 10:16:27 AM
i think shipping the truck 1500 miles might be a bit of a deal breaker. i think it might be a bit more than i can afford. i know i was even thinking about measuring the trailers at work to see if it would fit. i know we usually ship at least 1 trailer down to Texas each week.

I shipped the 2000 Ramcharger from LA to DFW, 1400 or so miles.... $600 bux, and that was going through a broker... but then again I did not cross country borders. But even if you had it just taken to the border then you or someone else drive it across, could work.

Granted if you can get it free on a work trailer, thats even better.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

The truck will start and drive but it is not ready for a long road trip.  I really think all it needs is some tuning on the computer.  The computer is totally capable of lots of actions but Nick has not had the time or the inclination to jump into learning what needs to be done to make it run smooth.

There may be a company that will look at the trends and design a program for a fee.

I have a MS computer that is one step older than this one.  I haven't put it in a truck yet and do not have the ability (YET) to tune it.

Ron

crazzywolfie

Quote from: rjtx667 on January 14, 2013, 02:13:27 PM

I shipped the 2000 Ramcharger from LA to DFW, 1400 or so miles.... $600 bux, and that was going through a broker... but then again I did not cross country borders. But even if you had it just taken to the border then you or someone else drive it across, could work.

that is pretty cheap but i think it would be a bit more expensive to take a vehicle across the border. i think i would probably have to pay someone to do all the paperwork and stuff that you have to do that i may not know you need to do to.

i don't think the company i work for would be able to get it here for free. i know there would be taxes and fees that i know i may not be able to 100% cover right now.  i think i got to keep saving my pennies and one day i will be able to afford a RC that nice. might have to get a full time job get them pennies quicker.

SixGun

:hello:  Mat, if you ever want to come done and need a place to stay, you are more than welcome.

Richard
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

thanks. i think if i ever head that way i may try to do it for one of those ram jam events. then i could enjoy some off roading while i'm down there. looks like you guys have lots of fun.

rjtx667

Quote from: crazzywolfie on January 15, 2013, 01:03:19 PM
thanks. i think if i ever head that way i may try to do it for one of those ram jam events. then i could enjoy some off roading while i'm down there. looks like you guys have lots of fun.

you don't have to wait for ram jam, if you come down we can just have a get together just to have one  :evil6:  we are always looking for an excuse to wheel.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

i just figured everyone always aims for taking time off work for ram jam so that would be a great time. plus i would get to more people that way.

minionsram

Quote from: rjtx667 on January 14, 2013, 02:13:27 PM

not to hijack a thread but who did you use? I need to get my RC to me here in Ft Sill from SC. THe best price I could find so far is 920 bucks.
!985 W350. 360, 727, 241 44hd front and 60 rear
1990 w150 RC 360 518 2 inches of lift
83, 90, 89, 86 RC's in yard for parts
2001 Ram 5 speed regular cab short box project.
96 Jeep Cherokee (wifes)

workgoats

Quote from: minionsram on January 18, 2013, 01:13:08 PM
not to hijack a thread but who did you use? I need to get my RC to me here in Ft Sill from SC. THe best price I could find so far is 920 bucks.

And, a guy that works for me needs a bobcat hauled from Georgia to Houston.