News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Spring 2013 outing - RamJam " Testing"

Started by rjtx667, February 22, 2013, 11:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

I'm not sure but I'm afraid Ernest is turning the ferd into a thumper truck.

taz_man440

Uhmmm.... what is he up to?   Looks like an anchor for when its coasting down a hill....lol
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

It.s the bracket for the rool bar so when I coast upside down.... I dont crush my head..  :laughing4: :laughing4:
76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)

workgoats

Okay guys, my phone says it's gonna rain on Thursday and thunderstorms on Friday.  You had better be sure that you have tow attachments at both ends of your trucks.  It will be a whole new ball game if the place is wet.

Just remember a Power Wagon sliding down the hill sideways...

rjtx667

:confused2:

I better get busy on that. need to find me something to work as a front mount for the receiver
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

Ryan on the front of ur RC there is a spot between the main frame that has across member with hole to use as a pattern. Get a flat piece of metal and weld a receiver on it and bolt to that cross member. My buddy has had his like that for the last 5+ years and has used it a lot and put it in a lot of abuse.
76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)

rjtx667

I saw that, and am thinking exactly that, but I will have to saw saw some of the front bumper out of the way first.  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Here's a link for a winch setup from Ledzep_06 build on RCC.  I believe it was reply #6.  Several guys have something similar.  Pretty typical sturdy attachment.

http://ramchargercentral.com/mopar-trucks/1990-w150-'milk-dud'/msg1749841/#msg1749841

For a faster setup you could use the mounting plate made by the winch manufacturer for your unit so it bolts right in and cut it down to fit in between the frame rails and weld it in.  I bought the mounting plate made by SuperWinch for mine and bolted it to the top of the frame rails with 6 grade 8 bolts.  As you saw, it held really well.  I bought 2 attachment points from OKoffroad.com that bolt to the front bumper with 4 grade 8 bolts for each point and some thick angle iron to also connect it directly to the frame since the bumpers are really thin.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

Looks like most of the rain is out of the forecast now. It will still be interesting.

Here's a pic of Ernest painting his toolboxes in the yard, using the air compressor From my truck.

workgoats

Looks more and more like Ernest and I are going on Friday morning than Thursday night.

1.  Park closes early on Thursday.  We cannot get there before the gate closes.
2.  We haven't tested our tandem trailer hookup yet.
3.  WE ARE NOT READY YET...

We are also afraid that we would injure someone at work.  We don't need anyone laughing hard enough to hurt themselves seeing us leave the shop with a Dodge 1 ton (loaded way down) pulling a trailer with a ferd pickup and a second trailer carrying a Tonka Truck yellow almost Jeep (on Nick's car hauler).

We are not sure when we are leaving.  We have decided that our food shopping will be done in Marble Falls after we get there.

It's a little late to be querying who all is coming but it appears that we have both bunk houses reserved.  That would make space for 16 people inside for the two nights.  I have one reserved and someone else has the other.  The more people we have in the cabins, the less I will have to pay and I know that goes for whoever has reserved the other bunkhouse.

When you get to the gate, you might be able to save some money by staying in the bunkhouses.  Call me before you arrive and I will tell you what the best option is.  (979-571-4455)

taz_man440

Ron, I understand why you wanted insurance now..lol   so how close together are the bunkhouses?
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Ron, make sure Ear Nest has soap on his shopping list.   :brushteeth:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

Quote from: SixGun on April 23, 2013, 06:06:06 PM
Ron, make sure Ear Nest has soap on his shopping list.   :brushteeth:

I bought a gallon jug of some oder removal stuff at Sam's, maybe I should bring some of that?

If it can remove the smell from our bathroom because of 2 little boys I am sure it can help here too  :laughing7: :victory:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

Well, Ramcharger loaded on trailer, gonna bring tent, air mattress (just in case) & pop canopy already loaded....  tomorrow after work Ill get the rest together.  I'm gonna try to leave the house 3-4 am friday so I'll get there at a decent time.... 
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project