News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

crazzywolfie's 93 RC

Started by crazzywolfie, April 22, 2013, 11:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

well i think am nearly ready to start my next project on the RC. since i got the remote start and it has buttons to control power door locks and i have been having issues unlocking the drivers side door i have decided to add power door locks. i was a bit hesitant to order the actuators on eBay since it is hard to say what you might end up with but after receiving them i am pretty happy so far. they look like they would be pretty easy to hook up to the stock location on the latch if i found a piece of rod the right diameter to use with it. i guess we will see. definitely need to get it done soon before it gets too cold out to be wrenching outside

SixGun

I bought a pair of those also for Carter but I only needed one. Fabbed it up but never installed because I found one at jy. Was working but after sitting awhile it no workie. Maybe my window seals let it leak on it or just non-use.  If you run into any issues or have any helpful hints, be sure to post them. It looks like I may be doing this in the near future.

Of course, it never happened to me. Just the guys at the shop. Carter prolly doesn't like joy-riders.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

SixGun

Pics

crazzywolfie

i remember you getting some for Carter but i never remember you posting any updates on how they work. with what i have read about the stock actuators commonly going bad i would rather go with aftermarket ones. it is not like you see them so as long as they work they will keep me happy. also i think i might have found a way to make my door lock and unlock a bit better. if i lock it with the key it seems to unlock a lot better. i don't 100% get it but i think i really need to see about pulling some parts out of storage and fixing it.

crazzywolfie

well power door locks have been put on hold. been having the RC shut off lately and now it won't run at all. i ended up having to get it towed home from work today. lucky i spent the $50 on tow coverage. it just paid for itself. i don't know what is going on. i am pretty sure i am getting fuel since you can smell it and there is also some spark but it seems a bit weak. going to wait till tomorrow to check again. if i got fuel and spark i should have fire but that don't seem to be the case.

SixGun

Well that sucks! On Christmas eve of all days. Hope you get it figured out.
Don't let it ruin your Christmas.

crazzywolfie

yup. not exactly great timing but way better timing than last weekend when i was at my grandparents place for the family Christmas party. that would have sucked more. this won't ruin Christmas for me since i still got the truck. can't go too wrong with the truck.

SixGun

Shhhhhh....don't jinx it.  :laughing7:

crazzywolfie

lol. i don't need to go anywhere today anyways. everyone is coming to me. plus my truck is almost like a tank. pretty reliable and i got way more spare parts than i need for it. just most of those parts are no good for the 93

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

thanks. got it going :thumbsup:. spent some time MacGyvering a older style coil onto the RC and managed to get it to fire up. i might make a bit more of a temp solution to get by for a few days tomorrow.  currently running the coil without a ballast resister but see about changing that tomorrow. the wire between the coil and distributor is also pretty shoddy but it did what i wanted it to. just need to decide what coil i want. i almost want order a MSD coil but don't know if it would be worth the extra money or not. really just want something that would be reliable.

SixGun

crazzywolfie

that is what i am thinking. they got nothing but good reviews. now i am just trying to make up a list of other parts i want to got with it. i know if i order by sunday there is a good chance it would be here on Tuesday which would work good since i am suppose to work on Wednesday. i don't mind taking the truck to work but i would rather take the RC, i got the truck ready for winter which means it has premium fuel in it. makes the drive to work and back about twice the cost of the RC especially this time of year

rjtx667

just know if your talking about a magnum engine the coil wire is different than LA engine.

which means you need one of these

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-140021ah

I have one, I use the MSD coil on the mexico ramcharger and it works great for me. I have an accel one too but never used it yet.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

actually you only need that adapter for the 98 and newer rams or in your case ramchargers. all the LA engines use the cylinder type coils.

thanks. definitely makes choosing the MSD coil easier with some reviews from someone that has one. as far as the accel coil goes. if you ever use it on one of your vehicles you may want to make sure to keep the stock one in the vehicle. they have got multiple bad reviews. some fail at really bad times. there was one on my 81 when i bought it and it would only run right about half the time. mine never completely failed but but i was glad i swapped it out before it did.