News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Ram Jam 2013 Events and Activities

Started by ProjectPW, May 09, 2013, 05:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taz_man440

A great group to wheel with.... hated I couldn't make this one....    somebody needs to post some pics!!!
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Hey Will, we all missed you out there. :crybaby2:

It turned into quite a wrenching party but we were still able to have some fun inbetween break downs and quite a few recoveries.  I just started downloading some pics onto my computer and trying to get some up shortly.

Sam and Samantha (AKA unfortunate Sam and unfortunate wife) had a long bed V10 pickup and they got right into it.  Put them to work recovering some people from the middle of the pond (guess who) and dragging Fords backwards uphill with that monster V10.

Many of the guys aren't leaving until Monday because of the holiday and just about everyone stayed until late in the evening on Sunday to eat  some of Ryan's smoked brisket.  Yum Yum I must say.  We set up a couple of long picnic tables and had a Walton's family dinner.  LOL
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

SixGun

Danger Dave up to his old tricks  :laughing7:

After he gets recovered by Ernest he laughs at all the seaweed hanging under his truck and turns around and goes in the other side with same result.

SixGun

Random pics

SixGun

:hello:  more fun shots

SixGun

Now I know there was someone who must have got the video or picture of us pulling Dave up the bank of that pond by hand.   :headbang:

unfortunatewife

Ive got some videos that i will post later on today or sam will do it, theres one of dave getting pulled out of that pond lol and then there are some of him in the process of getting stuck both time  :great:

taz_man440

Thanks for some pics.... was going through with drawls....    how did events turn out?
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Here's a couple of pics of when Ernest broke down climbing the fenceline.

SixGun

There were hundreds of Jeeps so we didn't have the Ram Jam Olympics agains.   :crybaby2:

However Ernest was definately having a mechanic's Olympic event repairing vehicles.  I can't think of anyone who didn't break down at all.  The only two that didn't drive out on their own power were Dave's Trail Duster and Ernest's Ford.  DD's Revenge according to Dave may retire or gonna have to totally re-engineer the tank suspension.  After busting a rear yoke on fenceline, Ernest limped it the rest of the way down the fenceline to Feeder creek and I tried to lead him out on an "easy" route to main road but he grenaded the front ujoint and possibly more coming out right on Bull Run.  That's where Dave rolled Stanley on last outing.  Took Noah's Top Hand to get him over a boulder and Sam's V10 to drag him backwards to camp.  We held up about 20 Jeeps and ATV's in the process coming from all angles. 

Ron's Willys Replica died at the bottom of North Peak and I towed him back to camp.  Jeep guys were yelling, "Look, a Dodge pulling a Jeep".  Too bad it wasn't one of them towed by a 2X ha ha.

taz_man440

I really hate I missed this......    Now, whats goin on next year?  Is anyone here kinds planning to do a " Ramcharger.net" Ram Fest or something along those lines?  Personally I feel like the "other site" dont want to put anything into a RamJam then something else needs to happen... 
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

You hit the nail on the head Will.  It's a damn shame.  Ron and Eric both gave a speech at the awards ceremony on Sunday afternoon about that and possibly moving forward with our own RAM FEST or something voted on.  Really want to move things along on this site since there is no love anymore on RCC.  A lot of great members but no leadership or backing.  Seems like the guys that want to make things happen in our little wheelin' community are the same ones already here.  We are playing for their team without any sponsorship.  Might as well make our own team.  Sam Simpson was a family man and dedicated to our community.  Without him, the big bad RCC brute has no head.  It's one thing to provide great tech advice but we have evolved into an active wheelin' community as well.  Our vehicles are drivers and not trailer queens.  No offense intended to anyone into that but what good is a bad ass vehicle behind glass that says don't touch me.  Sam's V10 and Noah's Top Hand and Eric's AMC Jeep are prime examples of nice vehicles that are drivers too. 

Okay too much rant - let's get some more pics and videos going.  Share share share....   :steeringwheel:

SixGun

There was a lot of home made awards this year but it's the thought and not the money put into them.  Will made a Danger Dave award with some painted broken parts made into a trophy that I wish I had a pic of.   Knowing Dave, since he won it again (no surprise), he may have it as a hood ornament next year.  Eric made some nice wooden plaques.  I just want to thank everyone for Yolanda, my wife.  She won the Riding Shotgun award for best support during the weekend.  I know she is a wonderful lady with a loving spirit and now I know that you see it too.  She cried later because she really didn't see that coming.  She is the type of person that treats everyone like family and hey ... that is what we are.

taz_man440

Thats what I love about our group... we all get along like family... I have never wheeled with a better group...  we got pawpaw Ron, the crazy cousin Dave, lil troublemaker Ernest, and even the lil jeeper Eric that can never seem to get a running Dodge to bring out...  Gonna have to definately have a Dot.Net get together....

2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Could be called the Redneck Rodeo Roundup  :laughing7:

Trying to load up my first YouTube video.  Does it usually take a loooong time to upload?