News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Ram Jam 2013 Events and Activities

Started by ProjectPW, May 09, 2013, 05:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toyradio

I was planning on bringing the Suzuki, but may try to go another way. :dontknow: Don't see where it would be able to run the higher # trails ect. Stock diffs, stock suspension, almost stock tires. I may be able to get the Chevy up and going. It might be more fun anyway. :great: Keep up the good work. Glad someone else is doing the planning... :victory:

ProjectM880

Quote from: Toyradio on May 10, 2013, 04:08:03 PM
I was planning on bringing the Suzuki, but may try to go another way. :dontknow: Don't see where it would be able to run the higher # trails ect. Stock diffs, stock suspension, almost stock tires. I may be able to get the Chevy up and going. It might be more fun anyway. :great: Keep up the good work. Glad someone else is doing the planning... :victory:

Skip, Ron has open diffs and small tires, Dave has open diffs, Ryan has open diffs and stockish tires, and they went all over the place. ive seen that Suzuki at hidden falls and i know what its problem is........... You right foot!  I know the wheel base is small and it feels like its tippy, but seriously all you need is a heavier right foot and stop riding the clutch !! Ive seen many Suzuki out there in stock form and they go all over the place. Stop making excuses Skip!! Don;t Be Scared!! Just STAND ON THE SKINNY PEDAL!!

Or slap a lift and tires on the RC and Call it a day  :13:

Toyradio

Somewhere I have a new clutch for it. Just have to find it and get it in. No lift and 29" tires make it a challenge. Long wheel base truck 36" tires, 12" lift, auto trans, and a V-8. Decisions, decisions. I do have a lift for the RC and some 38's.

rjtx667

I am planning on having a lift on the 93 before we make it back... if I can swing it I would love a rear locker but I am not holding my breath.

I do have to say I was very happy with how the 93 did out there, minus the over heating which I think is a blown head gasket... I will keep putting water in there till it does not start  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

Ryan... find some "liquid glass" works great... I had a 01 quad cab i wheeled with a busted head and liquid glass worked wonders on it..
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

Toyradio

My tires on the Zuke are 29". May try to get some 31's.

ProjectM880

Ok back to the topic at hand.

What do yall think about these event ideas?

Any Input?

Toyradio

I was just informed that 4 wheel parts has an even the same weekend at Marble falls.

SixGun

Sounds like they will be in tents or RV since the cabins have all been reserved.   :toothy9:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

SO have we decided on all the events?

rjtx667

Quote from: SixGun on May 11, 2013, 08:02:44 PM
Sounds like they will be in tents or RV since the cabins have all been reserved.   :toothy9:

what you talking about? cabin 1 was taken, we took cabin 2 and 3... I called dibs on 1 for my fam, but that leaves cab 3. If needed i might be able to talk my wife into sharing with someone if they can deal with 3 kids all night  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Skip, you have a link to the posting on that 4wheelparts event?
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

Toyradio

It was on their facebook page in a post.

trailduster.dave

Quote from: ProjectM880 on May 10, 2013, 04:35:53 PM
Skip, Ron has open diffs and small tires, Dave has open diffs, Ryan has open diffs and stockish tires, and they went all over the place. ive seen that Suzuki at hidden falls and i know what its problem is........... You right foot!  I know the wheel base is small and it feels like its tippy, but seriously all you need is a heavier right foot and stop riding the clutch !! Ive seen many Suzuki out there in stock form and they go all over the place. Stop making excuses Skip!! Don;t Be Scared!! Just STAND ON THE SKINNY PEDAL!!

Or slap a lift and tires on the RC and Call it a day  :13:

Dave has open Diffs??? really??? HMMMMMM
24DB Touring Car "Esther"
48NewYorker Coupe "Eleanor"
39Ply Clb Coupe "Lesley"
50Ply Business Coupe
76RC 400/435 60f/70r "DDs Revenge"
77CJ7 D44s 4.56 36s"Stanley"
78TD Stock
79RC "Washer"
79TD "Bob"
85Crewcab 360/nv4500