News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Need a locker or gears

Started by workgoats, May 10, 2013, 08:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

I really had visions of getting the RC I got from Nick ready for RJ.  Plan was to put the .392 geared axles from the red truck under the RC, tune up the magnum 360 and come with two trucks.

HOWEVER, we parked the axles at the storage facility that Ernest and I use, on top of his trailer.  Someone liked the rear axle better than I did cause it came up missing.

Why would anyone steal a Dodge axle?  How could they know that it had 392 gears, an extra spring and a good limited slip in it?

I can put the front axle under the RC but I can't fork out the cash for new gears in the back and a locker or limited slip too.

Anyone got a limited slip or a locker for a 82 Dodge 9.25 axle?  Anyone got .390 gears for the same?

taz_man440

Quote from: workgoats on May 10, 2013, 08:53:39 PM
I really had visions of getting the RC I got from Nick ready for RJ.  Plan was to put the .392 geared axles from the red truck under the RC, tune up the magnum 360 and come with two trucks.

HOWEVER, we parked the axles at the storage facility that Ernest and I use, on top of his trailer.  Someone liked the rear axle better than I did cause it came up missing.

Why would anyone steal a Dodge axle?  How could they know that it had 392 gears, an extra spring and a good limited slip in it?

I can put the front axle under the RC but I can't fork out the cash for new gears in the back and a locker or limited slip too.

Anyone got a limited slip or a locker for a 82 Dodge 9.25 axle?  Anyone got .390 gears for the same?
Ron, I have a factory limited slip carrier, but no idea on shape. Just used the 4.10 ring gear for an award, but the carrier is still in the back of the ramcharger even after all this rain we just had.  Yours if you want it... I'll even go put it in the shed... I plan on makin a trip your way & bringing a few things for ram jam, just let me know if ya want me to add this to the pile...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

workgoats

Will,

I definitely want it.  That would make my loss much less.  I can possibly see a way to buy gears for the back and I have the tools and experience to put the stuff in the 9.25. 

I might even find a day to come your way but I have a lot of stuff going on.  Barrel races next weekend, wedding the next and my son and his family will be here from Peru for 8 weeks.  Somewhere in there we hope to make a day trip to General Sam's.

Please do save it.  If there is anything that I have that you need let me know.

Ron

rjtx667

not sure if its the same, but I just bought some clutches for a LSD online on the cheap... if you need to replace the clutches let me know.

Looking at a video online it did not look like fun, but if its already out then thats not so bad.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins