News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Still looking for wheels

Started by Brutalowner, June 04, 2013, 09:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brutalowner

Still on the hunt for a set of 4 Jackman steel spoke wheels from the 70's. 8 lug, 16.5" by 9.75"
Ramwrench hooked me up with one, but I still need 4 more, for the crewcab to start  the "day 2" modifications. 

ProjectM880

can you post a picture of what they look like? I run across classic rims every once in awhile.

Toyradio

Please post a pic and we'll include it in our search

Brutalowner

This is pretty close. The Jackman wheel is steel, not aluminum like these. I certainly would not pass them up either. I'd just powder coat 'em PW1 white.

ProjectM880

They look very similiar to the wagon wheels in the 70's. Look like the polished version on the painted wagon wheels they use to run on the 70's Macho. I will keep my eyes out for some. I just recently aquired two sets of 8 lug hurricane rims from the 70's/

Toyradio

I have a set, but not sure if they are what you want. Steelies, 8 lug 16.5. Just have to see what they look like. They are at the shop in Pasadena. I'll get over there today.

Brutalowner

Skip, the centers are built different that the typical steelie. If you were to remove the centers from the shell, the ends of the spokes would be exposed. It would not be a pie plate with triangles cut out. Each spoke is welded to the shell.