News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Mild 318 Build

Started by 9dawgs, June 29, 2013, 12:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

as long as the push rods are straight you should be fine to reuse them. you can test them by rolling them on a piece of glass.

i would also guess the guy in the video just put the cam in a stock engine. i have been told a stock 318 just needs something like a rv cam to wake them up.

i would not go too crazy with the dremel. i think some of that rough cast is good for helping the fuel atomize.

The War Wagon

Decided to add that cam & lifters package to my "wish list" there at Summit.  Shoot, I think I'll talk to Dave next week (my babrershop is around the corner from his shop, and I need a haircut!), and see if he wants to ADD that to the "to-do" list for my truck while he's got it!  :tongue3:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

rjtx667

Quote from: The War Wagon on August 24, 2013, 07:52:07 AM
Decided to add that cam & lifters package to my "wish list" there at Summit.  Shoot, I think I'll talk to Dave next week (my babrershop is around the corner from his shop, and I need a haircut!), and see if he wants to ADD that to the "to-do" list for my truck while he's got it!  :tongue3:

if he does make sure he does the plenum intake gasket on the bottom of the intake, they leak a lot... could help your gas millage issues too.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

The War Wagon

Quote from: rjtx667 on August 24, 2013, 11:23:29 PM
if he does make sure he does the plenum intake gasket on the bottom of the intake, they leak a lot... could help your gas millage issues too.

Mine does seem to be "holding" for the moment, but yeah - that's the FIRST fix that gets done, once we open up the engine for ANY reason!
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

9dawgs

I haven't done much at all to the engine due to the heat and humidity this summer.  I'll get back into it when the wx cools a bit down here in the swamp. Wish I had a/c in my garage. I'm heading overseas at the end of Sep for a bit.  Hopefully it'll be cooler when I get back.
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks
'04 Volvo XC70, AWD, 2.5L T5 Turbo
'99 Astro 4x2, 4.3L, 4"OLV lift, RS5000 Shocks, BFGoodrich 31x10.50 DECEASED...

rjtx667

A/C in the garage thats on my wish list too  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Heck,  garage is on my wish list.   :017:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

garage that I can park in is on my wish list... its got 3 cars in it, but all 3 are not drivable go fig.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

i would just settle for having a garage and could not care about a/c.

SixGun

We got a little rain today, heck more of a sprinkle.  When I got off work at 10:30 pm it was steamy still and the temp is only 78*.  Simply amazing....   :sunny:

I've got a 1.5 car garage with no car in it and still no room.   :icon_scratch:

9dawgs

I honestly believe that "room in the garage" is just a myth perpetrated by the home builders. I have more junk in mine than I can even talk about.  Problem is, every time I go to clean it out, I always find something I need and add it back to the pile...

And if I do decide to go ahead and get rid of whatever it is, I find I'll eventually need it somewhere down the road and kick myself in the shorts for throwing it out... I think it's some kind of sickness. :017:
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks

SixGun

crazzywolfie

sounds like you just need to organize things better.

9dawgs

Hey Guys, I'm looking to buy this Hooker Competition Header-Back Exhaust System from Summit but I need to know if the header flange will attach to my Flowtech headers.  The flange looks the same.  Has anyone had any experience doing this setup?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-16551hkr/overview/

SixGun

Those were designed to be used with their headers which have a 2.5" collector.  What does your Flowtech set of headers have for a collector size?  Seems to me that back in the day most headers for V8's used 3" collectors.  If so, you may have to get some reducers and adjust the pipes accordingly.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hooker/520/5902/10002/-1