News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Weird Electrical Issue

Started by 9dawgs, August 10, 2013, 08:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9dawgs

Took care of this issue when I got back from Africa. I charged the battery before I left to see if it would drain down in the 17 days I was gone.  When I got back I tried to start the truck and it turned over just fine, just wouldn't fire. I discoverer that I was out of gas  :disgust: Sooo, I added a gallon or so from my garage to what was in there and it fired right up.  I drove it to the station and put about $20 in it and drove it to work the next day.  When I got in it to come home the battery acted like it didn't want to turn the engine over but it fired.  On the way home my radio started doing the funky stuff (not music) as well as my turn signals didn't work, etc.  I got home, took the alternator off and carried it down to Advance.  They put it on their tester and it wasn't putting out anything. So I bought a remain 78amp and took it home.  Paid $43 with my military discount.  Installed that puppy, charged the battery and it's been working great ever since. :steeringwheel:

Thanks for everyone's tips on this.
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks
'04 Volvo XC70, AWD, 2.5L T5 Turbo
'99 Astro 4x2, 4.3L, 4"OLV lift, RS5000 Shocks, BFGoodrich 31x10.50 DECEASED...