News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

"Loki" 1975 Ramcharger

Started by Unfortunate_Sam, October 13, 2013, 10:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unfortunate_Sam

Okay, well here goes.
Loki is my 1975 Dodge Ram-Charger
Its got a 318-727-np203 part time kit, dana 44's with locking hubs.
When I got the truck it had a massive list of issues and I had to learn as I went along. With a lot of failures and dumb moves and plenty of help from people on RCC I learned and little by little got most of my issues resolved. I rewired it twice replaced the ignition system a few times as well as put in a brand new edelbrock intake and carb. I fixed the lift did a crappy paint job and broke just about everything else including my brake lines and bleeder valves. I replaced the whole fuel system and made a custom pickup for the tank. All and all two and a half years later I am almost done. I could never get that edelbrock carb to work right tried everything under the sun adjusted the floats installed bigger metering rods/jets but it just cant feed that 318 the right amount of fuel/air and mostly fuel.
1975 RC 318/727/203 w part time/ D 44
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 V10/NV4500/NP241 HD/PoSi-Lok

Unfortunate_Sam

Remaining issues,
Brand new Edelbrock still doesn't work right, even after trying everything short of rebuilding it. So i bought a used Holler 4160 and rebuilt it and hopefully ill be able to adjust that one just right to finally be over the issue I've had since day 1.

Windshield Wipers don't work? Never could figure out why.

And now I've got a dirty set of headers I'm gonna sand blast repaint and install as well when I go back to California in December.

ProjectM880

Looks like a great project! Need to get that to Texas so you can wheel it  :headbang:

Unfortunate_Sam

Ya me and Samantha were talking about getting it here today, we are kind of shying away from it at the moment the $1000 to ship it could be better spent right now. After the new year; we are gonna see if it can be squeezed in somewhere.

SixGun

Rent a one-way car hauler from Uhaul or Ryder and bring it back with the V10.  Nice project Sam - post some more pics of it wheelin'.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

that is a pretty nice looking rig. have you check the ground connection on the wiper motor? that seems to be the biggest issue with wiper motors.

Unfortunate_Sam

Well since my phone updated and delete my post... Heres a 2nd try. Yesterday my spark cut out after doing 5500-6000 rpms up a steep grade for about 45 seconds. Towed it home and had to wait cause the parts store were closed for christmas. So we started fitting those headers which has turned into a simple but long process of cut and try to fit. The size out pipe on the exaust was a little to big so we took the bell from the original exhaust manifold hookup we cut out and welde it on backwards to make an adapter.

My spark issue... Does anyone know what ohms are axceptable for a coil i think i might have rosted it. The distibutor and plugs and wires all seem to be working but i have an incredibly weak spark an am only firing on like 3-4 cylinders. Ill put up a couple pintures in a coile minutes.

Unfortunate_Sam

Truck ran better than ever after i installed that 600cfm holley 4160 with electric choke. A little tuning and it was running very well and much more stable and consistant with no backfiring than with the edelbrock.

And we welded the plate onto the bumper. We still need to weld the bottom but its not coming off anymore.

crazzywolfie

are you allowed to legally weld the plate to a vehicle there? up here i don't think you are allowed to do that.

Unfortunate_Sam

Probably not but cops in cali dont really care as long as your driving safely and not being a jackass.

80W150

Did ya get your spark issue figured out? I don't know off hand what the ohms are supposed to be.

You did what I did with the edelbrock, got rid of it... I put a 600 on a 440 in a motorhome and man, that thing ran awesome. Started great, ran great, no problems.... Put a 500 on a 318 and never could get the dang thing dialed in to my satisfaction. Put on a 600 holley and tah dah. It was like "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my awesomeness". Never again will I run a edelbrock on anything. I've heard chebby guys rave about them but not many with sb mopars have much use for them. 
Chuck

Unfortunate_Sam

Ya i got a higher performance coil instead of the stock replacements that are always crapping out on me. Then i had gas in my oil the secondary float on tr holley was way to high amd fuel was just dumping into manifold i could actually see t building up in the bottom of the carb. Put on the headers i won at ramjam. Then it ran like shit couldnt figure it out finally adjusted the timing. And it has been running perfect since then. To bad i finished on my last day home...

ProjectM880

Whats the latest on your RC? Did you get it to Texas?