News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Looking for a RC TX

Started by joemouton, October 18, 2013, 01:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemouton

I am looking for a Ramcharger that I could build. I wouldn't need it to be complete for a couple of years. I would prefer a 360 4x4, but it doesn't matter. When it is done it will be a present for a 16 year old. As I look at my finances right now I would like to spend around 1500, but I may be flexible if the vehicle is worth it.
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

The War Wagon

Check Craigslist - be willing to check out to about a 300 mile radius though, to perhaps find a decent one.  Good thing about TX, unless it was a beach buggy, they should be rust free!  :great:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

joemouton

Man fast replies I love this site.  :dance: I have contacted the two camo painted rigs but haven't heard anything.
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

chau8238

I've been looking at those too, but I don't have the money....so I'm not buying anything.  Also, I have an 85 I'm currently planning on bringing down here (currently in Indiana) and I want to save my money for that.

joemouton

Yeah I understand man. I have talked to one of the individuals that has a camo RC. They don't seem that interested to sell their vehicle. The one from Hempstead is the one that I am interested in.

How are you picking your RC up? The one that I purchased in Nevada I thought I was going to pick it up and drive it back. But after some cost analyst I figured it would be cheaper to ship the damn thing. It was going to cost over two grand to pick it up and bring it to Texas. Its only 1175 to ship it 1600 miles. That cheaper what it would have cost in fuel alone. 
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

chau8238

Well, I'm either going to rent a uhaul truck and tow it or get the damn transmission fixed so I can drive it.  I also have another truck back home I'd like to bring, so the shipping method would be costly and I have a lot of stuff I want to move down here since I just recently moved.

joemouton

Well, I looked in to Uhaul. I was going to pick up a trailer, but first they wouldn't let me reserve one. They say that my truck cannot tow the Ramcharger. I have a 2010 Nissan Titan 5.6, so then i looked in to renting one of their trucks and trailers as a combo. Just to drive from Nevada back to Texas was 1279 dollars. I hope you can find it cheaper. My drive would have been 1600 miles.
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

chau8238

I already have an 18' steel deck trailer that the RC is currently sitting on.  So that's covered, but I also have an s10 that needs a new engine (sitting in my garage) and I'd like to bring both in one trip, so either use the RC to pull the trailer with the s10 or use a uhaul truck with the RC on the trailer and the s10 in the back of the truck.  I'm hoping I can get my RC's transmission fixed since the uhaul truck is like $1400.

joemouton

UPDATE: Well I have emailed both of the owners. First, they were talking as though they were wanting to sell those vehicles, but it has been over a week and I haven't heard from either of them :dontknow:. I am not going to beg somebody to sell me their junk so I am still looking. 
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

SixGun

Sometimes, you just have to flash the cash in person before they realize they just sold their prized possession.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

joemouton

Yeah I know man its just that I am still in China and I can't flash cash at this moment. I should be returning in about two weeks  I was waiting for one to send my pictures. I am sure that they sold their rides. Its okay because I have a few others in the area. I am not looking for gems. I'll find something.
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

workgoats

If you don't find a RC pretty soon, I could be talked into parting with a 82 RC without an engine.  Later in the winter I could be parting with the 318 that originally came in the RC.

It has front seats out of a 96 1500 and it currently has a decent set of 33x12.50 Firestone mud terrains.  It doesn't have any lift but they don't rub unless you turn the wheel....

It needs a lot of work but it won't be going anywhere soon.  And, the price would be right.  It is in College Station.  I would throw in a front axle with 390 gears.  The rear axle was stolen.  The RC currently has 354/355 gears.

chau8238

I know a guy down here in Houston selling his 80's RC.  It was on craigslist for awhile, but I think the ad expired.  It has black doors and a white paint scheme I think, reminds me of a cop car or something.  I could always ask him if he still has it and the details.  I'm pretty sure it's not sold, but I know he wants it gone so he can buy some 1 tons for his Suburban.