News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Hidden Falls April 18-20 Head Count

Started by ProjectM880, March 29, 2014, 08:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

I believe it is, it just needs new clutches. but I will get a rear locker sooner or later as well.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

Quote from: SixGun on April 20, 2014, 11:28:04 PM
I was telling Yolanda about your "ordeal" and the first thing she said was, "OMG isn't Green Mile the same trail we had a problem on?". Well she was right, Ram Jam 2012 on Sunday morning, just like you.  We got a bit brave too. I still had the V6 and going up that first steep incline about 2/3 up we spun out in the loose gravel.  I hit the brakes and we starting sliding back but caught solid ground.  We reversed a ways and decided to give it another try full throttle.  Spun out again but this time when I hit the brakes we kept sliding back.  That part of the incline curves and when we came down this time we went over the embankment and fortunately hit a tree which stopped our descent.  Yolanda was white knuckled and in full panic mode.  Will, Ernest and Justin were behind us.  I had one wheel on each side of the embankment preventing traction even with my locker. I had a shovel but Justin pulled around us and wanted to try his new winch out. I hadn't installed mine yet. Lol Busted a rear tail light and scratched up the bumper and tail gate.  Hurt my pride most of all.

LOL  You mean these temporarily parked pics...LOL  your truck did awesome up till then... 
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Ha ha...that's the one.  Looks like Ernest is doing the drunken monkey.

We'll just call this episode, "Truck meets tree.".  :laughing7:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on April 20, 2014, 10:32:02 PM
Looks like a job for the Go Pro to sort out the truth from half fiction. :headbang:

Speaking of CAD axles, I just removed yours from the 91.  I need the stub but you can have the inner axle if you want it. Of course, if you are gonna pull one from a donor, it might be easier to take the whole thing stub, inner, uj and all.

Ryan did get some great GoPro videos! He even put it on my truck for a while. The problem is I had no clue how to use it to it stayed on for a long time haha.

Ryan did you have on at Green Mile??

SixGun

rjtx667

I tried to upload some to vimeo but it failed I am going to try again tonight.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Looked like you were just cruising along and then poof... it no workie no more.

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on April 22, 2014, 09:44:44 PM
Looked like you were just cruising along and then poof... it no work is no more.

SOUNDS like what happened in the parking lot, when I brought mine home!  :-(

Have no fear - SYE was ordered yesterday!  :-)
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on April 22, 2014, 09:44:44 PM
Looked like you were just cruising along and then poof... it no work is no more.

It amazes me how easy the GoPro camera makes everything look! Ryan was showing Noah and I all the video from the day at camp. We were amazed how much vibration it takes
out of the shot and how easy all the trail seem.

Maybe we need to expierment with other places to mount the camera.

But Ryan hit that Hill hard!! I was impressed with his skinny pedal operation.

rjtx667

Quote from: ProjectM880 on April 23, 2014, 07:35:11 AM
But Ryan hit that Hill hard!! I was impressed with his skinny pedal operation.

I do not discriminate between the skinny pedal and the big pedal.... equal opportunity
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

A while back someone asked about my axles.  The front axle is a Dana 30.  I been informed by the experts that the Dana 30 is okay with the v-8 until you put a limited slip in it.  Then you need to go to chrome axles.

The rear axle is a Chrysler 8 1/4.  I have no problem with it.  I will be putting a limited slip in it pretty soon but I've got to finish tuning the 360 and get a couple of paychecks to do much of anything.

There are some aftermarket yokes that have u-bolts instead of straps for the 1300 driveshafts.  I have one for the front axle but I haven't been able to get the pinon nut off to  change it.  They are considerably stronger.

The transfer case (NP 242) that I have has both part time and full time but there is no limited slip in the transfer for full time.  It had a slip joint in the back of the transfer and I have changed it to a fixed yoke and I've got a double cardan joint on both axles.