News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

NV4500 GL-4 gear oil?

Started by scratchinfotraction, November 07, 2013, 09:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scratchinfotraction

where is the best place to buy the correct mopar oil for the NV4500.

I only find the GM gear oil but it does cross over to the GM part #

looked at the penzoil syncromesh oil and it coves GM Part #s but not the ones I am looking for.

castrol syntorque cant be found but there is a castrol full synthetic gear oil..could it be the mopar il or syntorque gl04 oil?

anyone use the redline t-90 in there dodge nv4500?

100$ to change the gear oil does not sound that good to me, but it is empty and i want the correct oil for the syncros made of carbon fiber.

The War Wagon

Have you looked into AMSOIL or Royal Purple?  One of those two is BOUND to have it covered!  :thumbsup:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

scratchinfotraction

yes, I dont see where they cover the dodge NV4500 gl-4 oil

they have a gl-5 which is not to be used from what I have read so far..has to be castrol syntorque or the GM NV 4500 oil

I did find a dexron 75w90 full synthetic gear oil that matches the GM part # but nothing on the dodge

it is a 92 light duty nv4500 2x trans has 19 spline input 23 spline output(IIRC?)

carbon fiber syncros which from what I read do not hold up in a GL-5 oil

got me it is all new to me, my first 90s 5 speed.

i did get it bolted up in the 85 chassis by triming/turning the 85 auto trans mount around and shaving the lip/edge of xmember to clear the 5th gear tail housing with xmember in stock location.

I had know idea the oil was going to be in the 100$ range to fill it.  but then again, i dont think the A535 light duty alum case 5 speed for a v-6 would last long.

from looking around at price, I did think I got a good deal on the NV4500 for 400 $

most I can find reading is it takes GM nv4500 oil or mopar NV4500 oil and maybe redline T-90 oil mixed 50/50 with redline MTF90 oil to get the desired oil viscosity needed.

been recomend to only use the mopar or GM oil

so what I know is it takes..

castrol 75w90 syntorque LT synthetic

mopar trans oil pn4637579 per plastic tag on fill plug on it

GM trans oil pn 12346191 or 12345349* or 12345577  = chrysler 4874464

the dexron LS 75w90 gear oil matches GM-pn12345349 as a gl-4 full synthetic gear oil.

not sure about these oils

torco rtf-gl-6

LE 607-90 wt   LE 606-80 wt not sure who makes this oil??

the dexron is 85$ for 2.5 gallons, i read the capicty is 1 gallon, but will beadding the alum PTO coolers to it before i fill it up so I will pop for the oil now and have a futre change for it..maybe? LOL!

fal308

scratchinfotraction

thanks, I  will do some reading. you know what they say..a computer is only smart as the user. I cant seem to find the dummy mode on mine.

crazzywolfie

i think i remember reading you can get what you need from amsol but you have to order it and it is expensive.

scratchinfotraction

found the correct oil

mid west gear inc.      85$ + 27$ shipping for 2.5 gallons or 35$ + 18$ shipping for 1 gallon

they are a trans remanufacture company and have all the part for any of the nv3500 and nv4500  5 speeds and lots more..