News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

BADLAND winch 12,000 lb $299

Started by SixGun, October 25, 2013, 12:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

I just looked at the newest ad from Harbor Freight and it has a coupon for the Badland 12k winch for $299 with coupon.  For those guys who don't get the mailer, you can pick up a coupon in store or online.  Quite a few guys in the Texas Chapter have this brand of winch and like it.

They just opened a new store here and there is a FREE no purchase necessary coupon for a Digital Multimeter.  I don't know if this one is in all stores.  The main item I am picking up is a pair of 3 ton jack stands for $15.99 with coupon.  Not bad so I thought I would pass it along.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

chau8238

Yep, I love my Winch, works fine for what I needed and fit nicely behind my 85's bumper.  I have a few of those multimeters from years past where they were the free item.  They work just fine and seemed to be about as accurate as a Fluke voltmeter at work, so I can't complain.  They are nice to toss in a vehicle just in case you need to check something.  I recently bought the 6 ton jack stands for working on my Ram and Silverado, the 3 tons just didn't have the height I needed for my Ram.

SixGun

I haven't even opened the box on the jack stands yet but if they are too short, I'll just use the 25% off coupon for the 6 tons.  They were out of the free multimeters until Monday but this new store is about a mile from work so no problem.   :thumbsup:

crazzywolfie

wish we had one of those stores up here. i would have to borrow the money to buy one but i know someone that would be more than willing to lend me money for a cheap winch like that. i am currently a bit broke until Thursday because i just spent $400 on parts. i have also been doing a bit more clothing shopping lately. it is nice wearing cloths with no holes but some of the clothing i like is expensive and don't go on sale too often.

chau8238

Also, you might look into the wireless winch controller.  I have it and love it!  It's nice to be able to use your winch without the wires.  It's like $20-30 with coupons normally.  The only downside is that it has about a second delay where once you release the button it will still move for about a second after.  It's not bad though and just keep that in mind when using it so you anticipate it.

Billy Ram

How heavy are those winches? They seem like a real good deal!
1999 Dakota Sport 4X4. 3.9 Magnum, auto, 3:92 gears.

SixGun

The War Wagon

We need to find someone with an honest, 6,000lb+ RC to field test one of those things for us.  I think most of us have the reflexive "Chinese pucker," when it comes to stuff from "Harbor Freight"- we know WHICH harbor it came FROM...
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

chau8238

I don't have a 6,000 lb + RC, hopefully it's around 5K, but I've used my winch and was happy with it. 

The first two images are videos, just click on them.

The War Wagon

^^^ AWESOME!   :thumbsup:

I hear a LOT of folks touting those winches, but hadn't seen (or HEARD) of one in action.  I've sitting on a 8,000lb rated Warn Magnum, but I'd RATHER have something in the 12k-16k rated range in the RC, and save the Warn for my Commander!
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

workgoats

We put one on a dynometer at work and it didn't pull the 12,000 pounds.  However, none of the winches will pull rated loads except at a single wrap on the drum.With a full drum the winch will only be rated at around 8,000 pounds.

I have used my winch a bunch.  Most notable was when no one else was there to see.  Ernest ran his cheby down into a soft sand excavation and I pulled him up the slope.  We were impressed.

80W150

Gonna have to check it out. I could use a nice big winch. If nothing else, I have a stump to pull behind the shed. (limited room, 01 ram ro big to get back there...)
Chuck