News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1978 Ramcharger Aka The "Death Charger"

Started by ProjectM880, December 24, 2013, 11:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

I just noticed some cool pics that Noah posted on FB.  Is that your truck?  :great:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on February 09, 2014, 02:03:35 PM
I just noticed some cool pics that Noah posted on FB.  Is that your truck?  :great:

Don't know, I can;t get on facebook here at work on my work computer. He would have to post them here or email them for me to see it. But Im pretty sure he only has one big tan Ramcharger there, So i would assume it  is.

SixGun

A doubler and steering box brace for the frame.

Some cool stuff in the works. Couldn't tell what color the top of the truck was from underneath. :tongue3:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on February 09, 2014, 04:38:05 PM
A doubler and steering box brace for the frame.

Some cool stuff in the works. Couldn't tell what color the top of the truck was from underneath. :tongue3:

Nope thats Noahs Power Wagon. He is doing the steering frame brace and Doubler.  :thumbsup:

Maybe one day I will do the same.

taz_man440

Eric, you talked about how you were gonna customize the suspension, you goin buggy leaf rear?
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

ProjectM880

Quote from: taz_man440 on February 12, 2014, 09:31:38 PM
Eric, you talked about how you were gonna customize the suspension, you goin buggy leaf rear?

No, I did that on the M880 and still need to work on that. I think on the RC I will do a shackle flip and Longer springs.

ProjectM880

Well Noah and I got a good bit done this time around.
Steering
Zero Rate blocks
Dual Exhaust
Tcase bushing
clutch pedals
wireing is started

Making progress. We also did all the suspension on Noahs truck. We are both making great progress but who knows when they will be ready to go  ::)

The War Wagon

Quote from: ProjectM880 on February 22, 2014, 12:04:08 PM
We are both making great progress but who knows when they will be ready to go  ::)

After letting my project sit for six years, if I'd known it was gonna take this long to get it to where it is now... I'd of let it sit six MORE years...  :tongue3:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

SixGun

Wow, 6 years is a long time to not drive your rig.  It's gotta be killing you.  Mine has been for 2 years and I'm getting the itch.   :steeringwheel:

@ Noah and Eric, great job guys  :13:

ProjectM880

Noah is making progress. Got the brakes started and heater core started.  :great:

We got alot done when i was there this time off but I didn;t take any pictures. Luckily, being the great mechanic that Noah is, He sends me pictures of his progress......... Maybe he makes more progress when im not around  :017:

ProjectM880

So before Noah can post more updates on his truck...

I got some beefy driveshafts yesterday. And By me I mean delivered to Noahs shop.. :017:

ProjectM880

More Beef

ProjectM880

That sinking feeling you get when your at work stuck in the middle of theocean and Noah Emails you a list of order forms and shipping numbers..............................  :017: I made need to work some over time.

But from the sounds of it, This thing will stop on a dime  :great:

ProjectM880

Wireing it up  :thumbsup:

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on February 22, 2014, 03:33:41 PM
Wow, 6 years is a long time to not drive your rig.  It's gotta be killing you.  Mine has been for 2 years and I'm getting the itch.   :steeringwheel:

Well, considering I TEST DROVE my first Ramcharger from a dealer in 1987... and it took TWENTY years after that to GET the truck... then sitting 6 years, and now another 18 mos. in shops... yeah - I guess I am getting a LITTLE antsy!!!!   :confused2:

I've put all of 50 miles on it, since it passed inspection a year ago.  And now that I have the perfomance ECU, I gotta drive all the old CHEAP gas out of it, and refill it with PREMIUM... so I should TRIPLE my miles on it right away, whenever I finally get it back!!!  :dontknow:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!