News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Another winch workout

Started by workgoats, January 12, 2014, 11:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

Nick called me about 9.  He had his company truck stuck in the woods.  Ernest has just finished doing work on the OJ Bronco that his daughter drives but they couldn't pull the truck out with it. 

The truck was buried  to the frame and the wheels were spinning freely.  I hooked the winch to it and it drug the Jeep.  We tied the Bronco on front of the Jeep and it drug both of them.

Tied the Jeep to a tree and winched it as far as the winch would go (attached to a chain, attached to the truck).  Then we hooked the Bronco to it and couldn't pull it out with a jerk strap.

Winched some more and then tried to jerk it out with the Jeep.  Since that didn't work, we hooked the winch up again and tied the Bronco on the front.  We got him far enough out of the hole to get the cheby to make it to the gate.

Told the wife I would be back by 11.  Made it by 11:07

Just another night in Texas.  (for you other guys... it was about 65 degrees at 10:30PM)

ProjectM880

Never a dull moment with you ron!

What brand winch do you have? Habor freight has their badland winchs for sale at $299.99. I was considering one.

workgoats

That's what I have but I replaced the cable with plasma rope.

I got the rope from work. If I had to buy it, it would have cost more than the winch.

SixGun

We need to get you a Go Pro camera.  Sounds like fun.

Also looks like colder nights this week as a front moves in.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

80W150

Quote from: workgoats on January 12, 2014, 11:45:10 PM

Just another night in Texas.  (for you other guys... it was about 65 degrees at 10:30PM)

Ron, it's not nice to brag. Didn't your momma ever teach you that?  ;)

Heck, it got up to 37 yesterday. That was warm compared to earlier in the week....

Some of the snow I went through last Monday I thought I was possibly going to need a pull. Draggin' axles and pushin' snow with the front bumper. It was fun. :steeringwheel:
Chuck

Toyradio

Ron are you always rescuing Nick? Sure seems like it. lol

SixGun

65* is about right for a Texas Winter.   :13:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on January 13, 2014, 07:28:39 AM
We need to get you a Go Pro camera.  Sounds like fun.

Also looks like colder nights this week as a front moves in.

I will Have one by the next Ramchager.net meet .

Safety bonus from work  :dance:

Toyradio

cool. Im hoping to have a winch on the RC

workgoats

When we lived in Oklahoma and were broke I built a 4x4 Luv pickup (old style) and was really happy with it.  It had lots of skid plates and everything worked.  It snowed about a foot.  Next morning it was calm and the sun was shining.  I started up the driveway with the Luv.  When I got out from under the trees and hit the deep snow it slid right up on the snow and came to a stop with no wheels hitting the ground.  Had to wait two days for the snow to melt enough to get tires back on the ground.

That may be why I tend to build a Jeep that weighs 4400 pounds.