News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

So, it's a little late but...General Sam's

Started by workgoats, January 16, 2014, 10:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

I wasn't able to get on line sooner.  Hard to do on the phone at a basketball game.  Then it went into overtime and despite the refs we managed to win it.

Anyway, Ernest and I are planning to go to General Sam's Saturday.  I know it is virtually no lead time but anyone who would like to join us is invited.

I've invited a few others, (Nick, my son-in-law, a guy with a Land Rover) and plan to ask another or two tomorrow.

If you can make it, please feel free to call me.  979 218 6002 is my work phone.  My personal phone number is good too since it is forwarded to the work phone.  I just haven't figured out how to forward text messages so the work number is best.

I would hope that we would be there about opening time and stay till Ernest breaks at least two axles.  I'll have the yeller truck and maybe an old Cherokee too.  We will not be staying the night unless we break too many trucks.

:steeringwheel:

taz_man440

Oh man I wanna go...... but that is slap in the middle of my hitch.... you guys have fun & hopefully I'll be able to make some kind of gathering soon...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Be sure to take some pics for those of us that haven't been there.  :steeringwheel:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

Toyradio

May try to grab the wife and drive up. A day trip would be cool.

taz_man440

I wanna go ride somewhere so bad, just to get away but bad timing here... hours somewhat down @ work & just too much goin on right now....   Really hate I missin this trip....
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

Toyradio

Will, you do need to get away. I know it's hard when you work the schedule you do. I may try real hard to do this since it's a day trip and only a little over an hour away. Hay DSO is closr for both of us. Hint hint hint. Thinking of just taking the Ford and driving/wheeling it. It is a 4x4 afterall. But then the RC is ready to wheel also.
:steeringwheel:

SixGun

taz_man440

This was from when Ernest started stalkin us...lol  Typical ford... hood up...
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

taz_man440

Sorry Skippy... some of the things you find & just have to mount to the hood...   :violent1:
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

workgoats

Ok, I'm taking the yeller truck.  My son-in-law and grand-daughter are taking the 88 Cherokee.  Ernest is taking the ferd.  Last I heard he was still working on front axles.  A friend from Cypress is taking a land rover.

We all hope to meet there by 8:30 or so.

Toyradio

I was hoping to make this trip, but work is breaking loose here. I just got called and offered another job. One where I can write my own ticket, tell them what I want and who I want to hire. I can go salary, hourly, co truck, expense account, perdiem when I go over 50 miles from the house, ect., ect.

workgoats

We had 4 drivers and 3 ridesr show up.  I was there with the yeller truck.  My son-in-law and grand-daughter were in the red 88 Cherokee.  Ernest had the ferd and a friend with 2 sons had his Land Rover.  The land Rover made the rest of us look a little primitive.

The Land Rover took a freak slide off the side of a hole and lost a parking light, bumper and a fender.  It wasn't the fault of the truck or the driver.

We had a great time.  There will be some videos when I have time to get them ready.

Toyradio

I wanted to make is one, but that ugly 4 letter word raised it's head.

SixGun

Looks like someone's under the Cherokee.

Got a pic of the LR's damage?  Sounds pretty bad.

Did you drive or trailer yours?