News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

ProjectPW '79 Utiline Build

Started by ProjectPW, February 26, 2014, 03:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on October 09, 2014, 08:57:26 PM
Buy? he is not buying the bad ass stuff, he is making it by spending 80 hrs per part... something us unskilled and without free time can't do and can't afford  :violent1:  :evil6:

You Forget he Employs a Actual Engineer at his shop that does that work for him  ;)

You would be surprised what you can build with a Arc Welder and a Cutting Torch and they are relatively cheap, Stop Buying Tires and you can afford the tools!!!!  :laughing4:

rjtx667

I have to learn how to weld first... I can't do jack with the mig welder I  have... granted its a cheap one and that could be one of my issues... the other issue is space... yeah its a 3 car garage but it fills up fast.

my next tool purchase is a nice mig welder and a nice air compressor... my little 20 gal is not cutting it for higher psi stuff.

but yes I plan to start trying to do some more stuff like that. and besides you saw what tires I had to work with... I had to do something lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

I see this Topic is still being kept " Top Secret" by Noah

Quote from: ProjectPW on September 20, 2014, 09:53:31 AM
lookin' more like a dodge again  :steeringwheel:

:pics:

ProjectM880

rjtx667

He might make us wear blinders and or blind folds at Hidden Falls so we can't see it there too  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectPW

Diveshafts have been ordered.....should be here tuesday afternoon....test and tune wednesday...fine tune thursday...wheel it friday!!!!!! :steeringwheel:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

ProjectPW

Quote from: ProjectM880 on October 09, 2014, 09:04:42 PM
You Forget he Employs a Actual Engineer at his shop that does that work for him  ;)

yep he spent at least 4 hours on the license plate light yesterday....... :violent1:

ProjectPW

rjtx667

Quote from: ProjectPW on October 16, 2014, 08:14:09 AM
yep he spent at least 4 hours on the license plate light yesterday....... :violent1:

when your retired you can devote that kind of attention to little details.... that and it keeps him from having to help with real work  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: ProjectPW on October 16, 2014, 08:12:12 AM
Diveshafts have been ordered.....should be here tuesday afternoon....test and tune wednesday...fine tune thursday...wheel it friday!!!!!! :steeringwheel:

Typical Troxell Dudman Fashion, Wrench to the last minute! Looks like we will be working on it on the trailer when we get there  :laughing4:

Quote from: ProjectPW on October 16, 2014, 08:21:02 AM
maybe today....there is actually progress to photograph  :tongue3:

Awesome, But does it run yet??

Quote from: ProjectPW on October 16, 2014, 08:14:09 AM

Yeah, But I bet its the best damn License plate Light install ever done!! Probably powered by a Flux-Capacitor!

ProjectPW

we are getting closer... finally got the license plate light situated  :tongue3:...... there have been other things in progress ..... 4 days left..... need driveshafts  :violent1:

ProjectM880

Quote from: ProjectPW on October 20, 2014, 09:15:00 AM
we are getting closer... finally got the license plate light situated  :tongue3:...... there have been other things in progress ..... 4 days left..... need driveshafts  :violent1:

Thank GOD! I was worried you wouldn't get that License plate light figure out............

I will be there Wednesday...

ProjectM880

So when Are we going to tear down that front axle to fix all of the carnage?

ProjectPW

Well I scored a 2nd gen dana 70 with 4.10 gears for the rear...... I am thinking that i will get it installed  and then tackle the gear swap and carnage repair up front.... I got a set of 35 spline inner and outer chromoly axle shafts for the front axle with matching bomb proof spartan hubs. I really want to do the gear swap up front to match the rear at the same time as the axle shaft swap (I hate taking shit apart twice).

ProjectM880

Quote from: ProjectPW on January 05, 2015, 08:03:49 AM
Well I scored a 2nd gen dana 70 with 4.10 gears for the rear...... I am thinking that i will get it installed  and then tackle the gear swap and carnage repair up front.... I got a set of 35 spline inner and outer chromoly axle shafts for the front axle with matching bomb proof spartan hubs. I really want to do the gear swap up front to match the rear at the same time as the axle shaft swap (I hate taking shit apart twice).

Going to be a bad B$%&$@ after that!

I guess its time I upgrade to a doubler and 4.88 gears in the rc.....