News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

ProjectPW '79 Utiline Build

Started by ProjectPW, February 26, 2014, 03:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

:laughing7:

this last time out ya'll were breaking stuff without touching the skinny petal. at least my way was more fun.

Now Richard and his "I'll take the right" bit... that required a lot of the skinny petal.... his floor board might be a bit lower there now.  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

:laughing4:

Its all Noah's fault on that one. He said since he only had 2wd left, he would do any trail I could do.  I just wanted to give him a run for the money.  :steeringwheel:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

Y'all are ridiculous lol  :tongue3: .... Status on Top Hand is good. I have the new rear axle built and ready to roll under the truck. I finished the front gear setup yesterday and will be getting the axle shafts/and outer hubs/bearings etc installed today. It may be trail worthy within the next week  :dance:

As a side note I am really enjoying the process of setting up gears. It is extremely tedious and all said and done takes an incredibly large amount of time  :confused2: . However it has been a good learning experience and I feel confident that the new 5.13 gears will run a long a happy life. The rear axle took aproximately 20-25 hours from start to finish.... the front axle will probably be about 15-20..... I am getting the hang of it though  :13:

1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

rjtx667

hopefully you get faster with time as well... thats a lot of hours in an axle.

sounds like you will be ready to have fun soon.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: ProjectPW on February 12, 2015, 08:46:19 AM
Y'all are ridiculous lol  :tongue3: .... Status on Top Hand is good. I have the new rear axle built and ready to roll under the truck. I finished the front gear setup yesterday and will be getting the axle shafts/and outer hubs/bearings etc installed today. It may be trail worthy within the next week  :dance:

As a side note I am really enjoying the process of setting up gears. It is extremely tedious and all said and done takes an incredibly large amount of time  :confused2: . However it has been a good learning experience and I feel confident that the new 5.13 gears will run a long a happy life. The rear axle took aproximately 20-25 hours from start to finish.... the front axle will probably be about 15-20..... I am getting the hang of it though  :13:

Good Progress  :thumbsup:

I'm interested to see the difference in performance  :steeringwheel:

SixGun

Hey if you want some practice, you can do the crush sleeve eliminator on my 9-1/4's.

:hello:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

Quote from: SixGun on February 13, 2015, 07:28:45 AM
Hey if you want some practice, you can do the crush sleeve eliminator on my 9-1/4's.

:hello:

Sounds good to me....

ProjectPW

Front gears installed

ProjectPW

Yukon bomb proof chromoly hubs... 9/16 wheel studs... new stoppers

ProjectPW

35 spline chromoly inner and outer axles... yukon bomb proof chromoly u joints..... new king pin bushings and springs

ProjectPW

a little armor for the new goodies.... with a drain plug

ProjectPW

the carnage.... never found the other hub and pieces of stub shaft

ProjectPW

The rear is also nearly done... got a yukon grizzly locker to try out... 35 spline dana 80 shafts.... new stoppers and hydraulics... even a place to mount some shocks

rjtx667

Noah I thin you have more in those parts than most of us do in our entire trucks, and ther does not even start on the labor you did to install. :confused2:

looks great, but your setting the bar really high for the rest of us  :violent1:

looks great though  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectPW

Quote from: rjtx667 on February 16, 2015, 05:17:37 PM
Noah I thin you have more in those parts than most of us do in our entire trucks, and ther does not even start on the labor you did to install. :confused2:

looks great, but your setting the bar really high for the rest of us  :violent1:

looks great though  :13:

We wont talk about the bill   :confused2: ... It damn well better perform now though  :steeringwheel:

This is kind of a rolling showcase for customers so it is all worth it.

The bar is set high because of Eric... he did this .... I could be tuning hondas   :laughing7: