News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Ram Runner vs Ford Raptor

Started by Dodgestrike, August 13, 2012, 09:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgestrike

MOPAR
Massively Over Powered Asphalt Remover.

Dodgestrike

I for one believe the ford its a poser truck   ;D and the ram may not be as confortable as a chrysler 300 but it wasn't ment to be and does what it was ment to do.
MOPAR
Massively Over Powered Asphalt Remover.

80W150

Well, goes back to 93 and people complaining about the ride of dodge 4x4's. "it rides like a lumberwagon", yup, sure does. That's because it's a TRUCK and meant to work. 94 they changed it. Granted, I love the ride of my 01 1500 but the ride of my older, all leaf truck, doesn't bother me either.

Dodge did build more of a purpose built truck with the ram runner. Ford's raptor isn't bad but as usual it's built for some yuppie that wants some power, look cool while towing his jet ski's to the lake. If you want to do some more intense off road driving the rig isn't going to handle like a car. We all know that but these yuppies don't get it and that's what these companies worry about. But really they almost have to. Myself, I could drive the runner everyday and it wouldn't bother me. Obviously thos guys have never driven an old dodge with a wore out steering gear and rag joint. They would know what wandering is if they have driven one. ;)

All comes down to choice and what you can live with. In a perfect world I'd have the runner for going up to silver lake and playing, my 77 RC for just cruising and having fun and the power wagon as my daily driver.  ;D
Chuck