News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

86 w250

Started by rjtx667, May 15, 2014, 07:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

There is a rumor going around I could possibly be the new owner of a 86 w250 that has 1 wheel and a block that is tore apart due to a bad piston.

it's got a 44hd up front and a 9 1/4 hd out back, these should make their way to my 93 ramcharger

it's stashed at Noah's now and will probably end up being a donor truck for those of us that needs parts. Sad part is Noah is pretty confident it's 51k total miles. :confused2:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

The War Wagon

Tranny & t-case details?
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

SixGun

You know the rule   :pics:

:happy1:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

it's an auto so I would guess a 727 3 speed, not sure on the t case but it would be a heavier version compared to the 90's models and their aluminum case. it might even be all gear vs chain I read a lot of stuff but can't remember if that's correct.

I have yet to see it in person, but Noah seemed to get real excited about how nice and un molested it was.... thst it was maybe too good to part out, but stealing axles was not so bad

it also has a nice front bumper with a place for a winch, I just have to figure out if I want to keep my winch mobile on it's hitch cradle or mount it in a fixed position. might use the bumper and add a hitch mount to the front anyways.

I thought about stealing the driver door since mine is not so good, but if the truck really is that good then I hate to steal parts off of it, but i am sure either parts will go missing or Noah will build him a new trail rig out of it either way it was a good find (thanks Eric) and a lot of us can have a little fun with it.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Quote from: SixGun on May 15, 2014, 10:42:58 PM
You know the rule   :pics:

:happy1:

yeah I know the rules but I have not even seen it yet, so talk to Noah.... he apparently has this and a trail duster he just picked up he is not sharing the details on lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Noah wants me to build a tow rig out of it since my Chevy Is dieing. I have this perfectly good 91 Cummins just sitting at my ranch just looking for a new home  ;D

Its a nice truck, has a few rust spots that need to be addressed.

SixGun

C'mon c'mon c'mon... Quit stalling and give us some good stuff.   :toothy9:

At least show us the CL ad or sumtin.  :breakcomp:

Now wait a dadburn minute, is that the same 86 you were showing me?  I thought it had D60's??

rjtx667

Quote from: ProjectM880 on May 16, 2014, 09:01:24 AM
Noah wants me to build a tow rig out of it since my Chevy Is dieing. I have this perfectly good 91 Cummins just sitting at my ranch just looking for a new home  ;D

Its a nice truck, has a few rust spots that need to be addressed.

now that could be real interesting  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Quote from: ProjectM880 on May 16, 2014, 09:01:24 AM
Noah wants me to build a tow rig out of it since my Chevy Is dieing. I have this perfectly good 91 Cummins just sitting at my ranch just looking for a new home

Eric, here's your "new" tow rig. Looks long enough to put your whole truck.
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4473043384.html

Here's a candidate for some D60s also in New Braunfels.
http://images.craigslist.org/00l0l_h7qAzbHn9eg_600x450.jpg