News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Austin, TX 78 Dodge CL find

Started by SixGun, May 28, 2014, 09:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

Looks bad ass doesn't it.  I wonder what motor it has.

ProjectM880

TOO LATE!

Ive been spamming noahs Inbox for two weeks now with this thing. Its mine %&@%$&$ Back off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That and I already got Noah to go get it for me  :headbang:

Hello New Tow Rig!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SixGun

No wonder Noah hasn't answered my pm.  Dang it , I was gonna go see it this weekend if he still had it.  I was looking for a big block truck that I could drop my shit in and go.  Well if its still there on Saturday..... :violent-smiley-007:  too bad too sad

SixGun

Ha ha... Must still be there.  Pete just sent me directions to his place.  Looks like I'm gonna be on a Lil road trip Saturday.   :steeringwheel:

Its on like donkey Kong.

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on May 29, 2014, 08:20:08 PM
Ha ha... Must still be there.  Pete just sent me directions to his place.  Looks like I'm gonna be on a Lil road trip Saturday.   :steeringwheel:

Its on like donkey Kong.

Driftwood is 15 minutes from Noah's House. I think He will beat you!!

ProjectPW

SixGun

Ha ha... I talked to Pete last night.  He is the original owner. Nice guy but the truck only has a 318.  Sounds like a fairly easy fix too. I told him I knew you guys were coming out and we had a laugh about that.  I saw how close it was to San Marcos and was actually trying to get ahold of Noah to see about taking it to his place.  Its just too good of a deal to pass up you know. Good luck with it Eric. :13:

ProjectPW

Quote from: SixGun on May 30, 2014, 07:26:42 AM
Ha ha... I talked to Pete last night.  He is the original owner. Nice guy but the truck only has a 318.  Sounds like a fairly easy fix too. I told him I knew you guys were coming out and we had a laugh about that.  I saw how close it was to San Marcos and was actually trying to get ahold of Noah to see about taking it to his place.  Its just too good of a deal to pass up you know. Good luck with it Eric. :13:
\

It will only have a cummins soon  :great:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on May 30, 2014, 07:26:42 AM

Thanks Richard, Its going to be another Fun Troxell Automotive project. So its in good hands. As soon as we get the last bit buttoned up on the Ramcharger ( its getting new suspension... Again). Then I will move on to that.

What all kind of  big block stuff are you looking for? We might be able to help you out if your looking for parts. We can defiantly help you with Small Block parts, We are up to are Asses in Small blocks!!

Quote from: ProjectPW on May 30, 2014, 07:10:12 AM
I am headed that way today  :steeringwheel:

In the DDDUUURRRRRAAANNGGGGOOO!  :thumbsup:

ProjectM880

Here is another good deal for a truck with 60's! I may snag this up too if no one else does

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/pts/4482120260.html

SixGun

Nice but a Lil more than the budget calls for.  Doesn't mention title either which is a biggie. Thinking about going all Dodge and getting rod of my daily driver, Toyota Matrix.

SixGun

As far as big block specific, power steering bracket is elusive.  Thinking about a Cummins radiator since they are a dime a dozen and big block Mopar ones are $300-500. Any thoughts on this?

The War Wagon

It's an interesting truck, but living in TX, I'd wanna make sure that a/c is ARCTIC cold first! 

I was born in '67 - POST baby boom.  Like all of us born after '64, I have the freon gene.  When it's over 70o, and I'm OUT of the presence of freon, I start getting the DT's!!!   :o
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!