News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1978 Dodge W200 Power Wagon "The Mean Green Patina Machine"

Started by ProjectM880, May 30, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracen

Those engine are on every craiglist i have looked at. Heck i have a full cummin truck im looking at selling and the fuel system has been upgraded on my truck. Even has dana 60 front dana 80 rear.

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on June 05, 2014, 09:52:32 PM
Got a diesel rebuilder?

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ptd/4468489874.html

Ive Got a 91 D350 Cummins going in to Mean Green.

FYI- Mean Green hasn't run in 11 years and the owner couldn't figure out why.

Noah Got it running in 1 hour  :dance:

Run's like a champ!!  :steeringwheel:

SixGun

Don't tell me, ecu and a ballast resistor.  You DA man Noah. :headbang:

There's a guy in New Braunfels from RCC that might be interested in it if you are selling it.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

Quote from: SixGun on June 06, 2014, 10:11:38 PM
Don't tell me, ecu and a ballast resistor.  You DA man Noah. :headbang:

There's a guy in New Braunfels from RCC that might be interested in it if you are selling it.

pretty close...coil wire, distributor rotor and an ecu (just because it was shiny and came with the truck)....dont forget the little 5 gallon marine gas tank in the bed......this sucker has soome nasty stuff in the gas tank lol.....we do not understand this word "sell" ....must save all Dodges and associated parts.... there will be no sale  :tongue3:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

workgoats

Back before most of you were born, I had a 72 D-100 club cab with a 360 2bbl.  It was a trailer pulling machine.  It was kinda like parking a school bus but who cared.

SixGun

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on June 08, 2014, 09:28:09 AM
As long as its not the short bus.  :laughing7:

You must be at LEAST this inept, to ride the short bus...  ::)

Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

ProjectM880

This project may kick off in a few months. It all depends on how well I collect parts. Should be fun. We are shooting for a Cummins Tow Rig with this machine  :thumbsup:

As of right now it runs but it doesn't. There are some wiring gremlins that we aren't really messing with because we know it will get re wired when we do the Cummins Conversion.

But when it does run, It runs well. Defiantly has a very fresh 318 in it.

ProjectM880

Well Noah and I pulled the motor and Sold it to a guy that's put it into a 1972 Plymouth Duster 4spd. So its going to a good home.

Now its time to collect parts!

ProjectM880

Noah and I are looking to start this project in the next month or two. Once he finishes up his cummins and a few other customers vehicles we will start the tear down  :violent1:

ProjectPW

I would not count on the cummins being ready anytime soon.... It is now in primer, but it may be a while before paint happens due to the weather(and then there is reassembly :violent1:). I am going to get the green machine moved under cover pretty soon though and getthe bed and front clip off....followed by the cab for frame prep/ rust repair
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

ProjectM880

Quote from: ProjectPW on January 05, 2015, 08:09:10 AM
I would not count on the cummins being ready anytime soon.... It is now in primer, but it may be a while before paint happens due to the weather(and then there is reassembly :violent1:). I am going to get the green machine moved under cover pretty soon though and getthe bed and front clip off....followed by the cab for frame prep/ rust repair

Sounds good to me, When I get back I will get over there so we can come up with a game plan.

We need to make a order list So I can start ordering a bunch of parts.

Need to build up that drivetrain and Chassis right!

The thought of making it a dually with a flat bed has cross my mind........... Thoughts?

SixGun

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on January 05, 2015, 02:28:37 PM
How simple of a flat bed are you looking for.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4822990822.html

I actually have a flatbed I can use. it needs some work but it will do the job if I decide to go that route

ProjectM880

Seems the more Noah and I talk about this project the more and more in depth it gets.

Did I mention this will be a frame off restoration that will include complete media blasting.  ::)