News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Welcome back Carter

Started by SixGun, June 06, 2014, 11:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Quote from: crazzywolfie on June 08, 2014, 09:55:33 PM
i figure the tow truck could lift up the rear axle. if all else does fail there is 2 bolts that hold the shifter linkage bracket to the frame. if you loosen it and remove the c clip you should be able to manually put the transmission in neutral.
I was thinking of loosening the adjustment block bolt and manually putting it in neutral. As for the tow truck, I guess it will depend if it has the hoist or ramp.

Quote from: crazzywolfie on June 08, 2014, 07:19:09 PM
sounds like a good chance to test out your winch  :thumbsup:

Actually bought the Viper winch for the 76 RC.  I picked up a universal winch plate. Has the 4x10 bolt pattern. I want to do something different so I still have to fab that one in. :violent1:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

i just figure dragging a RC that is stuck in park would be a good test for the winch that is already on your truck

SixGun

SixGun

Knock knock.  Who's there?  Carter.  :035:

Welcome home Carter... Whew, you need a bath.

You're a day late and I'm a dollar short. Good news is that after getting towed home, I found the ignition key.  Its like an easter egg hunt.  :13:

The War Wagon

While I do miss the ram's head hood ornament, I'm glad I DON'T have all the aluminum trim on my '92, that the older RC's had.  It's gotta be a be-otch to find NOWADAYS, and then to keep from getting it all dinged up off-road!!!  :confused2:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

SixGun

Few pics.

SixGun

Just a couple of updates. I cleaned up the inside pretty good. Its azing what can get in a small gap in the window. Primarily lizard turds, leaves and cracked acorn nuts.  Hmmmm... Behind the rear seat was a squirrels nest literally.  One of the rear struts for the hatch had been disconnected and it jammed the hatch open a tad. Let's just say the rear carpet behind the back seat is out.  Someone had removed the radio and fortunately I found all the screws and the dash face was in pretty good shape.

Well the motor is definately a 318 but I expected it to be. Just hopeful for a 360.  Mud dauber nests all around the engine bay.  It is really hard to get under a vehicle without running boards. The mufflers are stamped as "Stanley". Never heard of those. When I bought the truck a radiator had been given to me. Really good shape cross flow but nope it not gonna work for me.  Looked up the numbers and its for a 305 chebby.  Fortunately I had sense enough to pick up the one from the guy at Lago Vista in good shape. I was looking at the pusher fans in front of the radiator and it would seem to that they are blocking airflow. 

Yolanda finally came out and looked inside for the first time.  Her reaction was , "Ohhh baby, I likey." Then she asked, "We aren't gonna off-road this one, are we?"  "This is nice."

SixGun

Well I got a hit on the Stanley mufflers.  Tractor mufflers.  - lol.  Can't wait to hear how they sound. Have a feeling that new mufflers are in the near future.

crazzywolfie

i can't blame Yolanda for not wanting to off road it. my sister loves my ramcharger and it is only 2wd. the only thing that suck is my ramcharger has some major rust issues that are worse than my sister realizes.

you definitely need to post some pictures after you get it all cleaned up

a tractor muffler might make it sound more interesting.

SixGun

Quote from: crazzywolfie on June 11, 2014, 10:51:05 AM
i can't blame Yolanda for not wanting to off road it. my sister loves my ramcharger and it is only 2wd. the only thing that suck is my ramcharger has some major rust issues that are worse than my sister realizes.

you definitely need to post some pictures after you get it all cleaned up

a tractor muffler might make it sound more interesting.

I hope it sounds good. If not, looks like some mufflers in the near future or some used ones hah.  One 6x9 was pillaged so I'll need to rummage through my junk for a replacement.  Needed a good vacuum. Looked like a yellow cat shed all over. Can't complain though, it protected most areas from garaminals. Lol

crazzywolfie

i don't see how there would be much difference between a tractor muffler and normal muffler.

what used vehicle couldn't use a good vacuuming especially at the price you paid for it. maybe since Yolanda like the ramcharger so much she might be willing to clean it out for you  :13:

SixGun

crazzywolfie

it can't hurt to try especially if she likes it

The War Wagon

I'm gonna Ziebart my interior, once the driveshaft is done.  I want 22 years of crud sucked up & steam-cleaned, before I start crawling around on it, installing the stereo, cb, and scanner!   :tard:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

crazzywolfie

a good shop vac and some spray bottles could get the interior fairly clean. i got a Bissell Little Green Portable Cleaner and it works pretty good and it allows you to see the dirt that is sucked out of your seats
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-Little-Green-Portable-Deep-Cleaner-14007/9863572