News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Welcome back Carter

Started by SixGun, June 06, 2014, 11:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The War Wagon

Quote from: crazzywolfie on June 11, 2014, 03:25:44 PM
a good shop vac and some spray bottles could get the interior fairly clean. i got a Bissell Little Green Portable Cleaner and it works pretty good and it allows you to see the dirt that is sucked out of your seats
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-Little-Green-Portable-Deep-Cleaner-14007/9863572

My wife had one of those - don't know if she still does or not.  :icon_scratch:   Doing that WHOLE interior though, with a little green machine, is more work than I care to tackle; that's one job I'll GLADLY pay someone to do!

I got fed up with the crud in my Jeep this winter (LOTTA snow, salt, and snow melt tracked in it - dog barf in the back  ::)  - kids had dirt & water spots all over the back seats (beggers can't be choosers when you buy used, but I wish my Jeep had leather seats  :-\ ) - and I didn't want to wait 'til spring to let it get ruined, so I took it to Ziebart (first time ever using their services), and ordered Weathertech floormats.  It was money well spent on the Jeep (they did a good job!), and to do the interior of the Ramcharger will actually be a bit cheaper (3 door vs. a 5 door!), even if it is physically bigger, so I can't beat that.

I'd like to put some modern neoprene covers on the seats once they're cleaned, too, as they'll be more stain/dirt resistant that the factory cloth.  Want the seats cleaned before I do that, though.

p.s. - wife just walked in - said the little green machine didn't work worth a damn!  :o
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

crazzywolfie

sometime it is nice to pay someone else to clean the mess but i don't mind doing a bit of work. i think your wife must not have been using it right because i swear mine works great. this is what the water out of the back seat looked like on my ramcharger.

SixGun

I've got an old Hoover steam vac with an uphostery attachment..  Been using it for years.  Its amazing what it picks up.  Its on the to do list.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

SixGun

I've been scrubbing the rims with Super Clean and even scrubbed with a scotch brute.  Will Sandblasting with some light or medium grit ruin them?

crazzywolfie

i don't know if i would sand blast them with sand. maybe something like crushed walnuts might work but is kind of on the more expensive side of blasting material.

SixGun

I may have found the bad freeze plug. The center expansion plug on the drivers side  looks like it is significantly pushed out of the bore.

crazzywolfie

making progress :great:. so do you thing you should tackle the rest while your under there or just the one? makes you wonder why just the 1 popped?

SixGun

Maybe it actually froze.  I've never seen one pop out. Seen rusted ones quite a few times.  If I'm not mistaken it is between the block and crossmember so it will have to be pulled.  I was hoping to get it started and see how it ran.   There's some seepage under the timing cover so might as well do the timing chain.  Gasket overhaul and clean then paint. That's how theses projects start more times than not. One thing will lead to another.  Lol. Oh and with the motor out then clean and paint the engine bay. Oh oh...look out. 

I did order a Rancho add-a-leaf, the long ones this time. I also ordered some coil spring spacers (2") from Performance Accessories. I want to find some good gas charged shocks that won't break the bank. I was looking at Monroe but they didn't seem to have any for 2" lift. Any suggestions anyone?

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on June 12, 2014, 11:07:03 AM
I've been scrubbing the rims with Super Clean and even scrubbed with a scotch brute.  Will Sandblasting with some light or medium grit ruin them?

BEAD blast 'em.  8)

crazzywolfie

you could still see about firing it up. you might just want to putt the battery on charge and take the belt of the water pump. as long as you don't run it for too long you should be fine and not do any damage

SixGun

Any idea what this thing is?

The War Wagon

If it was bigger than 1" x 1", I might...  :confused2:

The War Wagon

Quote from: The War Wagon on June 13, 2014, 03:40:22 PM
If it was bigger than 1" x 1", I might...  :confused2:

OK - that helped.

Electric brake assist for a small trailer?

SixGun

Hmmm...that's a thought.  I was thinking it was for the electric fans.  So what would the minimum/maximum be for either of those? I always thought electric fans were on or off.  Trailer brakes min/max, I dunno.

Think I'll just remove it and see if there's more writing or brand name on the back. I tried taking a pic of the back but it didn't help.

SixGun

Here it is. Sears brake controller model 2100. Still don't know what it does but I know what it is.  :035:

http://m.sears.com/index-g.html#/jordan-research-corporation-jordan-2100-actuator-electronic-trailer/p-SPM8992506113