News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Ramcharger.net

Started by rjtx667, August 30, 2012, 08:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

We have not really discussed it a whole lot about plans for the site.

I think its been decided that we don't want our ducks in a row, as it makes them easier to shoot :laughing7: , but we still need to get some basics down.

I bought the domain back in Feb when we heard of the change at RCC and kept it hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. After talking with Sam I decided to launch it and see what happened. But I want to explain a few things:

1) I need help, I have never ran a forum before. I am busy and don't have days to devote to moderate and tweak everything that needs done. Anyone wanting to help please let me know what you want to do and we will get it done.

2) I don't plan on charging. Period. I have a small web hosting business, so the personal cost to run the site is near 0 for me. With that being the case I see no need to charge for vendor space, or for advanced membership. If you want vendor space, let me know and I will set it up. When I get some more time I plan to setup a system so that confirmed valid users (people who have posted x many post?) can have a ramcharger.net email address as well. I am not sure about everyone else, but I thought it was a cool idea.

3) I want this community owned. While legally I "own" the domain and provide the server its hosted on, I don't want to be the owner of the site. Sam did a great job on RCC but its a lot for 1 person to do. We need to get people involved and spread the load out so its easier for us to keep everything up and going. In doing so we will make sure it stays community owned and live for as long as we want to.

If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them, as always I am open to suggestions, changes, and any help I can get   :dontknow: :dontknow:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

DODGEBOYS

l,ll do anything you want me to too help out / l also think you should ask the MODs on RCC if they wanna mod here / well thats all but Kendell / he,s just to damned funny LOL / cant wait till he see,s that statement
MOPAR TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets see how much trouble we can get in with RCC

rjtx667

I don't even know who all the mods are, but they are all welcome
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

:o  Ryan, did you just flip us off??   :017:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

is that what he is doing? oops I did not mean too....  :dontknow: :dontknow:

hows that instead?
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Ragman

Quote from: SixGun on August 30, 2012, 08:56:10 PM

I seen that also. That's funny stuff right there.  :happy3:
1978 W150 Club Cab "Spare Change" 360/D44/D60/435/205
1963 Dodge Dart 360/833/8.75 sure grip
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9 4x4

DODGEBOYS

Quote from: Ragman on August 31, 2012, 07:38:25 AM
Quote from: SixGun on August 30, 2012, 08:56:10 PM

I seen that also. That's funny stuff right there.  :happy3:

shoot l missed it / repost it LOL
MOPAR TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets see how much trouble we can get in with RCC

Gohot

:angry4: :violent1: :crybaby2: :angry5: I'll volunteer my help if needed, I'm disabled/retired, with a substantial amount of time on my hands. I live in North Carolina on a 27 acre farm, am active in the community, and a fair 'wordsmith'. If you can use me in a kind'of peacemaker-slash-anti-vulgarity kind of guy, I think I can control all these 'Fruitloops'. I'm easy........... hay wait a minute, don't get any ideas you's guys....... :happy3: :sunny: :thumbsup:

80W150

Tooooo late gohot, you already said it. ;)

I'd like to help, not sure what the heck I'm doing but hey, we've all done ojt before. About same situation as gohot. If you don't give me something to do my wife will. lol. Not real computer saavy but I'll give ALMOST anything a try. ;D
Chuck

rjtx667

Fire in the hole  :evil6:

your both global mods now .

Thanks for offering to help. I get covered up with work a lot, then then I still have my fam and my toys I have to find time for.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

mopar_daddy

Quote from: Gohot on October 29, 2012, 06:15:09 AM
:angry4: :violent1: :crybaby2: :angry5: I'll volunteer my help if needed, I'm disabled/retired, with a substantial amount of time on my hands. I live in North Carolina on a 27 acre farm, am active in the community, and a fair 'wordsmith'. If you can use me in a kind'of peacemaker-slash-anti-vulgarity kind of guy, I think I can control all these 'Fruitloops'. I'm easy........... hay wait a minute, don't get any ideas you's guys....... :happy3: :sunny: :thumbsup:
:tongue3:
King furitloop checking in for duty.
91 RC 6 plus" lift,5.9 mag,456s,x over.
79 RC fully tubed front to back.Walker E glass,37s
83 W crew,cummins(soon 2 b Ramburban)
85 long box PR 12-14" lift on 40" Boggers
93/99 mutant dakota R/T (monster dakota)
98 Dakota R/T my DD
Many 60s mopar muscle cars

workgoats

As we discussed, I have internet again and can / will do whatever can be useful.

SoCal

I don't mind tossing in a hand to help

SixGun

It would be nice to have some cool design or pics in the header.  Anyone know how to do that??   :dontknow: