News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1982 Ramcharger

Started by taz_man440, October 07, 2014, 02:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Now that's how you remove a roll cage  :thumbsup:

taz_man440

Picked up some rims for the Ramcharger...$75 for the set. Couldn't pass em up....  I will soon get a chance to work on it..  I did strip the old tub, going to cut it into short iron & turn it into a trailer load of scrap.  :headbang:   Next is make the body lift & get the tub bolted down, then I can start on the wiring issue. :tard:
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

This is the new rims on it... had to make sure the front cleared... Next is to get some tires or might use the old 36" tires...
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

ProjectPW

1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

rjtx667

so do you have plans to make a working A/C in the new truck?

I would like to someday not be the only one that gets made fun of for having A/C  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

It would be nice to have ac, but that would be a wait & see thing....  No ac would be a good way to keep my girls out of it..LOL
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

ProjectM880

Thats going to be one good looking RC!  :thumbsup:

Will it be dipped in any of that east Texas Shiloh Red Dirt?

taz_man440

Quote from: ProjectM880 on January 09, 2015, 06:59:43 PM
Thats going to be one good looking RC!  :thumbsup:

Will it be dipped in any of that east Texas Shiloh Red Dirt?

NO to the Shilo , mainly cause its been closed..LOL  it will at some point make it to Marble falls!!
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

ProjectM880

I seem to remember reading something about Shiloh Ridge Closing.

I guess you'll Just have to break it in at General Sams or Hidden Falls.  :steeringwheel:

taz_man440

Well, I just ordered a 3" body lift & new body bushing kit for the old Ramcharger.  I have come close to making a body lift using 3" pipe collars, but then since it will eventually be on the highway I figured better be safer & do it right...  Should be delivered February so within the first few weeks of the month I hope to have time to make it happen.  Seems like every time I get a day off & want to work on the truck it rains or its butt cold...    I still have so much to do, its almost depressing..  When I lift the tailgate, It looks like a complete truck piled up back there..LOL
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

I know that feeling all too well. I had to take a day off this week just to work on stuff since the weather was nice
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

As of today I have received the body lift I ordered, but the body bushings just shipped today... maybe by Monday I will have what I need to start puting this beast back together..   I did go & cut some sheet metal to patch the small rust hole in the driver floor... Cleaned out the other pieces from the back & organized it some... Found the roof hatch leaks so I pulled out the old rubber floor & all the wet insulation stuff so maybe it will start to dry out... Seems like every Ramcharger I have ever owned leaked at the rear hatch. but that's another project... Gotta get this critter going.... 
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

ProjectM880

Sounds like you are making progress there Will  :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see it going!

taz_man440

Got the Body Bushings today.... if anyone ever orders a performance Accessories body bushing kit, be for warned the instructions ain't worth a crap.... Guess its been too long since I tore this thing apart....   I'm gonna make it work just can't hardly wait till first day off to put it together... :13:

http://performanceaccessories.com/vehicles/440-dodge-ramcharger-black.html

http://performanceaccessories.com/vehicles/184-1974-1990-dodge-ramcharger-trailduster-.html
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project