News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

purple jeep is home!!!

Started by workgoats, July 03, 2015, 06:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

Ok, so now I have bought three Jeep Grand Cherokees from impound auctions.(Total of $1200)  The last one I bought was a 96 for $200.  It turned out to be the best of the bunch but only 2x.  So, grand daughter has it.  We took the 97 and removed a bunch of good parts, enough to make some big improvements to the purple jeep and get the 96 on the road.  Only one door is the wrong color.

I changed out the entire grille assembly and front bumper cover on the purple Jeep because I still couldn't find parts to make the 94 headlights adjustable.  Now it looks like a 96 or 97.  Richard picked me up parts that never made it to the Jeep.  Grand-daughter had it till today.

There's still enough parts to make the AC work on the 94 too.  It had a hole where something went through the coil.

Now I can work on the red Cherokee for off road and maybe come and play next time.  The purple Jeep is rated to pull 5000 pounds.  I guess I should come up with a car hauler for the red Cherokee.

The 57 PowerWagon will still be coming, sooner or later.

SixGun

If it makes you feel any better, the welding job you did for me still hasn't made it onto the Warn bumper.

Really wish I could have met up with you last weekend when I went to Ernie's place to work on the 383. As always, pressed for time but I should be heading back 13,14,15 in a couple weeks.

You know most of us can't read. That's why so many people are on Facebook doing nothing but selfies. I think pictures are something they can relate to if you can throw a couple on here.  :laughing7:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket