News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Led head lights

Started by leland1313, August 30, 2015, 01:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leland1313

I'd like to change my 4x6 hi and low beam head lights to leds. Any suggestions?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

SixGun

Did you ever go with the LED headlights after all? 
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

SixGun

Yeah I did a search on RCC and came up with a guy using those.  They have very good reviews for the most part.  Very pricey though.  There seems to be some in between that use the bulbs instead of the sealed beams.  Low beams on these old boogers are terrible but high beams are ok. Did you see the harness that LMC sells fairly cheap with the relays to run them straight to the battery.  Clean setup as opposed to making one. I guess this bypasses the fusible links if I understand it correctly.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

Quote from: SixGun on February 21, 2016, 08:33:11 PM
Yeah I did a search on RCC and came up with a guy using those.  They have very good reviews for the most part.  Very pricey though.  There seems to be some in between that use the bulbs instead of the sealed beams.  Low beams on these old boogers are terrible but high beams are ok. Did you see the harness that LMC sells fairly cheap with the relays to run them straight to the battery.  Clean setup as opposed to making one. I guess this bypasses the fusible links if I understand it correctly.

yes the relay harness bypasses the stock wiring. The headlight switch and fusible links are barely adequate when everything is new. By only using the stock headlight switch to turn on the relays you are eliminating a ton of heat and amperage draw through the stock components. Brighter lights and more reliable operation makes it a no brainer.

As far as LED head lamps go ....meh... I prefer the sylvania silver star premium bulbs. they are a bit pricey @ 25-30$ each , but they are much better than the crappy 7$ wagners
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!