News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Good auto shop or mechanic for older Ramchargers in the North DFW area?

Started by darowden, October 28, 2015, 09:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darowden

Purchasing a 1979 Ramcharger like the one I had the in the 90's. Missed that truck like crazy.  Auto, 360 cubes, 4x4, red and white in all original condition, except for the wheels. Would like to get it checked out for any problems plus have a good place to take it for any major work that needs to be done. In the past I have done things I needed myself like head gaskets and timing chains, but just don't have time anymore with work and family.

Can anyone recommend a good shop in the North Dallas area (McKinney, Plano, Frisco, Denton etc) that does solid work on vehicles like these older 1970s Rams?

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Mandatory pic of RCGR:

ProjectPW

You are welcome to come on down to Wimberley and hang out at Troxell Automotive. We have pretty regular tech days, weekends, weeks.... Dodge runs deep here. We are also having a meet in Marble Falls in a few weeks.

http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

darowden

Would be quite a drive.about 4 hours....but then for work done right..it would be worth it.
Thanks for the tip.

SixGun

Ryan (rjtx667) lives just south of Dallas.  He may know a local place but he usually does his own work at his place or goes down to Noah's shop for a long weekend. However, he has a trailer and a tow rig.  If you get away for one of the "tech" weekends you can use a lift and do some of your own work.  Noah and Eric both drive 70"s rigs and are usually on hand to give advice.  Or you can drop it off for work to be done if you have the means to get it there.  Or you can donate it to live out it's days grazing in the Dodge pasture.  :laughing7:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

I don't trust most places lol.

I do all that I can myself, or get help from Noah or Ernest.

Its hard to find good mechanics, and harder still to find ones that want to work on older Dodges. So yeah it can be well worth the drive to make sure its done right.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

Dracen

Just saw this thread figured I would put a plug in for my step dad's shop in McKenny Mccormicks garage... He works on anything and has been in business for over 30 or 40 years now if interested on me and I'll give you the number and all... Otherwise no big deal...