News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Need a quick no-sh*t assessment on Ramcharger I am planning on buying tomorrow -

Started by darowden, October 30, 2015, 07:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darowden

Planning on buying this RCGR tomorrow, the photos make it look pretty good as you can see, but I asked the owner to send some images of the rocker panels since she has red mud all over the lower part of the truck (its in Oklahoma). I asked her to wipe some mud off and send pics but she didn't do a real good job of getting the mud off - but I do see a bit of rust but no perforation.

Anyone see a problem with this, as far as needed more than a good coat of neutralizer and maybe bedliner to arrest what is there. She wants $5000 for truck, which looks good, everything runs. But just wonder how advanced the rust is under the paint, which appears original.

The rust on the rockers is the last two pics.  Buy or not?

Opinions?

SixGun

I hope you are planning to see it in person. I've read a lot of stories of major surprises when purchased sight unseen.

Assuming you will go see it in person, check the frame for rot or cracks. Especially around the steering.  Check underneath for rot and around wheel wells and floor pans. Notorious is the removable top especially around windows and inside above doors and windshield. Heck for 5k I would be sure it runs and drives well. Fixxer uppers can be found a lot cheaper. Maybesome issues found can be some negotiation points.

Good luck
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

ya something like that would definitely need to be seen in person and checked underneath thoroughly. the fact that there is no rust on the fenders would make it look like it has possibly been taken care of but would definitely be something that you would want to get a better look at. for $5k it had better be pretty clean

bullboy0852

For 5k it better have working a\c and a new paint job and tires lol but that's just me

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

darowden

Quote from: bullboy0852 on October 31, 2015, 06:54:59 PM
For 5k it better have working a\c and a new paint job and tires lol but that's just me

She said the A/C is ice cold. But I passed based on the rust bubbling up on the bottom of the rocker panels. For $4K I would have bought it, but like you say for 5K expected no rust like she said. The tires are actually brand new 31x10s.

I really wanted a pop top Ramchargers with a manual, but this one looked clean. Guess I will keep looking unless she comes down.

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

Noah has a saying at his shop... "any rust is too much"

so yeah just take it slow and keep looking.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

bullboy0852

No rust is too much for the right price, I'll drive that sucker til it rusts in half and transplant the guts in another one :)