News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Spring Outing

Started by rjtx667, January 20, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on April 30, 2016, 06:59:26 PM
Oh oh ... Is that yours Eric?
Indeed I'm running drive flanges now  :steeringwheel:

ProjectPW

Well the Top Hand made it all look easy, however it was not with out some fresh rash/issues. The right rear shock decided it would leak copious amounts of oil most of the weekend. Then there was a late night bombing run that resulted in some fresh denting of the left rear fender and clutch linkage that apparently decided that would be a good time to become disconnected. Made it back to camp with out the clutch and fixed it the next day with copious amounts of well placed zip ties.

I also prototyped some nifty carburetor mods that worked amazingly well. The truck actually runs after hitting acorns and small pot holes now! Actually it runs amazing now All stumbling/dieing/ smoking /hard starting and rough running in crappy positions has been solved. It actually runs well enough that EFI is probably unnecessary. We will make a how too with pics/etc using Erics RC so that this knowledge can be used by others here soon

All in all a fantastic time was had. Sorry the rest of y'all couldn't make it the weather was amazing and the park wasn't too busy. Next time will come soon enough...
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

ProjectM880

It was a great weekend!
Damage result was one blown up seletomatic hub and probably two front shocks.
Overall fun was had and little critical damage was had. Fixed the hub on the trail and countinued on.
I did however have a difficult time making some obstacles . The top hand made everything look easy.
Keystone proved itself several times and I believe only avoided one obstacle .
The obstacle that I blew up my hub was indeed very frustrating.
The top hand climbed it with no problem and Keystone hit with everything it had with out problem.
I on the other hand did not fair that well. Several attempt ended in the broken hub, a shitty running motor, and a bruised ego.
It got to the point that everyone stopped filming and cast looks of pity on the struggling death charger.
It was at that point the Noah stated to get the strap.
That must of pissed the death charger off because a growl of exhaust and gravel started flying!
The death charger flew up the obstacle in angry fashion proving it did not require anyone's pity!

But it's obvious that the death charger needs some much need work on steering, shocks, and rear locker.

SixGun

From the sound of it, I guess a lot of Jeepers backed out also.

Glad you guys had an awesome time.  Was anyone else there other than the Troxell gang?
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

KeystoneSmooth

1985 RamCharger Prospector Ed.
The rest is open to interpretation.
Keystone Smooth.

SixGun

It no workie for me ??

KeystoneSmooth

Keystone Smooth.

SixGun

KeystoneSmooth

My youtube channel has all of the videos from this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrp7Gao_kvip27dBGgM_n0w
Keystone Smooth.

rjtx667

except there is no video of you doing a stoppie with keystone. Thats the video I wanted to see.  :laughing7: :headbang:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

KeystoneSmooth

Keystone was thoroughly abused. Chewed up tires, some more rash, I mean pin striping, and a healthy dose of throttle this time.

Keystone Smooth.