News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Random pictures

Started by crazzywolfie, September 17, 2012, 04:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Quote from: taz_man440 on October 25, 2016, 08:47:56 PM
that rear is what I have in my Ramcharger.  technically just a 9 1/4,  just HD version.    You could just get the axles and slide in your rearend.   I replaced my welded spiders with a set off ebay for a standard 9 1/4..

Not a bad idea but were the axles any thicker or only 8 lug? Come to think of it, the brake hardware is different. It looked beefier. I'm not sure if the shoe size is though.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

taz_man440

yea, you would have to change backing plate, shoes & drums along with axles.  but that's a lot less work IMHO than a rear end swap in a driveway.  I would be willing to bet the axles themselves are the same diameter.
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Saw this cool idea for a trailer today after picking up the wife from work.

It looked like a whole work truck frame. I saw the transmission cross member with a flat bed area over it and the front area folded in to the hitch.
The back axle was an 8 lug. Unfortunately the box was a little beat up but the doors seem to lock.
Looked like a Tommy lift ramp on the back.

Get your creative juices flowing!

SixGun

We were driving on hwy 281 north close to Marble Falls when we caught up to this 4x4 Van conversion. It was a Ford E250 with 8 lug axles and Q4x4 badges which I took to be Quigley 4x4.
They do 4x4 van conversions.

taz_man440

Found this at the local Dodge dealer back in 2012.   3/4 ton 4x4..  It was in for service. All the info I got on it..
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

I'm sure it has a purpose at an expensive lease but man is that ugly.

I was looking at the Van conversion websites and it looks like they put a 4x4 frame under the van. My understanding about vans is that there is no frame. Wonder how hard it is to put a van body on a frame?

SixGun

Cable spool table

taz_man440

what we are currently doing... This is why we cant go do anything else for a while...
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Saw you guys on FB. Looks like fun. I went to Disneyland in California many moons ago. It was a blast. 

taz_man440

It's been a blast.. The High School  band did their own thing so me and the wife got a chance to enjoy things together,
we said its the honeymoon we never had....  just 23 years late...
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

crazzywolfie

look what followed me home lol. i know it is not a dodge but i think i like it. needs some electrical work but i think i am up to getting it done. anyone know of any good chevy/el camino forums to help me out if needed?

SixGun

Pretty cool.   I just saw Ernest the other day and he was working on a customers El Camino.  They were building it from the ground up.  Everything looked brand new, even the frame.  Wish I had taken some pics.

SixGun

crazzywolfie

thanks. i already tried signing up for that website but it almost looks like the website is run but the idiots that run dodge talk and are super paranoid that someone will steal your identity and spam the forum lol. i couldn't even get the user name i use accross all the forums i am on for some reason.

as far as the el camino goes it is actually in pretty good shape.  it looks like it has had a frame off restoration at some point and is still in pretty good condition for the most part

SixGun

Rescued a solid axle D44 today from an 85 Ramcharger 5x5.5 bolt pattern.