News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Willy wagon for sale, Texas

Started by workgoats, September 17, 2012, 07:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

I have a lead on a 4x4 Willys Wagon.  It is said to be running but without brakes.  The picture I'm posting is several years old.  When I find out more specifics I will see if someone can go and inspect it.  It is in or near New Braunfels.

I have asked what year, title, how much and can we inspect it.

I don't have a place to put it or funds to buy and work on it.  Anyone interested?

BTW, the back window looks different from the wagon I had.  It almost looks like it has ambulance doors on the back.  If it does, it would be pretty rare.

workgoats

I had a '51 wagon.  It was a 2x wagon and the grille was a little different.  It had more horizontal bars and they were all chrome.

Here is the grille from my 51 wagon that was grafted onto a 56 pickup.

SixGun

That 56 looks really cool!  well except for the sticker on the rear window.  Ha ha... :great:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

Quote from: workgoats on September 17, 2012, 07:00:58 PM
It is said to be running but without brakes.

that sounds like a really really bad combination there, at least if your the one driving  :steeringwheel:

Looks cool, but man thats going to be a bunch of work.

What size engine is in it?
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

Quote from: rjtx667 on September 18, 2012, 08:07:02 AM
Quote from: workgoats on September 17, 2012, 07:00:58 PM
It is said to be running but without brakes.

that sounds like a really really bad combination there, at least if your the one driving  :steeringwheel:

Looks cool, but man thats going to be a bunch of work.

What size engine is in it?

My information shows only a 4 banger in 1953.  It is probably a 1954 or newer.  It would have had 226 cubic inches and 115 HP, with 190 pounds of torque at 1800 RPM.

It would most likely have 4.88 gears with a Spicer 18 transfer case.  Low range was 2.42:1.  It would have had a 3 speed standard.  There were no options available other than 5.38 gears.

Turning circle would have been 37.8 feet. (a 1983 RC had a turning circle of 36.9 feet)