News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Frame to axle brake hoses

Started by SixGun, May 19, 2017, 06:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

So I need new hydraulic brake hoses for my 76 RC.  Only a 4" lift so do I need longer frame to axle hoses? My thinking is probably should in case I ever go bigger.  Does anyone have a source for longer hoses that wont brake the bank. (pun intended)
I can buy stock lines for 10-15 bucks but longer lines run $60 or more.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

SixGun

I found an old thread on RCC about using a rear brake line for the front.

taz_man440

I just took the brake line out of the clip on the frame and bent the metal line down.. no problems ...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

crazzywolfie

rear flex lines work up front especially if you are installing quite a bit of lift. we installed one on my buddies 91. he installed at least 5" or 6" of lift and the rear flex line was more than long enough to reach where the stock one was stretched to the max.

ProjectM880

I used two rear extended brake hoses from sky jacker on the death charger. Think I got them on Amazon. One fro up front and the other for the rear.

SixGun

I saw those skyjacker ones. They are $60 a piece.   The only difference seems to be braided steel lines.   I can buy 5 of the rear lines for that price. Lol

I think I'll just order the rear lines for now.  They come anywhere from 19-24" long depending on the brand.