News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

What did I just do?

Started by rjtx667, October 13, 2012, 10:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

80W150

As the saying goes, time is money. Sometimes it's just better to pay a little extra just to avoid losing time that you could be handling something else. I love a good roadtrip as much as the next guy but.......
Chuck

rjtx667

Quote from: 80W150 on October 16, 2012, 07:02:19 AM
As the saying goes, time is money. Sometimes it's just better to pay a little extra just to avoid losing time that you could be handling something else. I love a good roadtrip as much as the next guy but.......

I agree... road trips are great but I have limited time and I rather spend it fixing it than driving it home.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

minionsram

I really like road trips, the problem is that Murphy is always wanting to tag along with me and we know how he is on those trips :)
!985 W350. 360, 727, 241 44hd front and 60 rear
1990 w150 RC 360 518 2 inches of lift
83, 90, 89, 86 RC's in yard for parts
2001 Ram 5 speed regular cab short box project.
96 Jeep Cherokee (wifes)

80W150

Awww man, you had to bring Murph up didn't ya? :nono:
Chuck

minionsram

Quote from: 80W150 on October 16, 2012, 12:37:09 PM
Awww man, you had to bring Murph up didn't ya? :nono:
Well I figured he is so much a part of our lives he would be left out if I didn't.
!985 W350. 360, 727, 241 44hd front and 60 rear
1990 w150 RC 360 518 2 inches of lift
83, 90, 89, 86 RC's in yard for parts
2001 Ram 5 speed regular cab short box project.
96 Jeep Cherokee (wifes)

rjtx667

Quote from: minionsram on October 16, 2012, 03:20:03 PM
Well I figured he is so much a part of our lives he would be left out if I didn't.

I don't need him around, he has already bothered me more than enough on the rear suspension on the 91. He needs to leave this truck alone. :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Any word on shipping it?  I'm excited for you.   :happy1:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

Quote from: SixGun on October 17, 2012, 02:39:54 PM
Any word on shipping it?  I'm excited for you.   :happy1:

suppose to be picked up sometime after 4pm and delivered sometime tomorrow.

Not sure I can get it ready in time, but I am gonna try. I figure there will be others that can help get it back on the trailer if it decides to take an "extended break"  :laughing7:

I have a trailer lined up and think the durango can do ok, just as long as I take it easy and not try to push 75. I fear I might have to load it backwards to help keep the weight off the tongue of the trailer and that will just make it that much worse, but we will see what it looks like once I have it all in place.

I took friday off, but my wife is busy till 3 or 4 so hopefully we get out of town somewhere around there. We will still hit lots of traffic on 35, but hopefully it would be better than getting out late. I wanted to leave at noon but I am pretty sure that is not even possible in my dreams, guess that gives me time to look over the 93.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Well I am not happy right now. The wed pickup time came and went. About 9pm I called the person assigned to pick it up, I was informed that they had been removed from my job because they were not in Houston on the right day. So now it appears the broker dropped the ball and did not get it re-assigned to someone else.

I have a call and email into the broker but he is not responding yet. I figure I will probably just cancel with him since the whole point of it was to get it here today. Once its canceled I will work directly with a transport company to get it here. At this point it looks like slim to none as far as chances of it making it this weekend.... but I gave it a hell of a run trying to make it happen. :dontknow: :crybaby2:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

80W150

That sucks man, sorry to hear it. That's the down side to working with some of these transporters. When I had my 77 shipped back from New Mexico it was delayed by a couple of weeks. But, in my case it wasn't a big deal. It was winter and it wasn't like I was trying to get it on the road right away. No problem. But in your case you had something planned so I can definetly see where the frustration comes in.

Kinda sounds like the transport company I dealt with. "When we have a truck in that area......." Always happens when you have your own personal deadlines you're trying to meet.... Good luck.
Chuck

rjtx667

well apparently the broker did not keep me in the loop, they hired another who went out today. Luckily the seller arranged for it to work today as he originally said only mon or wed pick up.

Once they got out there I was told I was going to have to pay extra because it was a non running truck :icon_scratch:

go back to auction "engines starts right away, sounds very strong. and is very strong, beautiful..."  :icon_scratch:

Finally they figure out its a dead battery (apparently) and jumped it and loaded it. So it is said it is heading to Dallas now to be dropped off tomorrow. I don't get near as much time as I wanted to prep it, but I guess we will see what happens.

Tonight I will pack up some tools and spare parts and see what we get.

I am going to call the truck on the way home and see if there is any chance of getting it tonight, but not holding my breath.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Well it got here about 11am, and as hard as I tried it was just not enough time.

The coolant system needs a flush and re-fill. The driver front caliper (maybe passenger too) was also trying to lock up. So I am going to park her for the weekend and attack it later when I have more time.

I can say that while $600 was a good deal for a 93 Magnum with 160k miles, the guy did not even try to polish it up. The door panels are off, the rear head liner is gone, the rear hatch lock is not the right key, the power windows and locks don't work, there is splices all over the wire harness (badly attempted alarm install). and there is some really strange stuff going on with the driver seat and floor.

I don't think I overpaid, but not sure how much under I paid.

I added 2 qts of tranny fluid to the transmission and I could feel it shifting to 2nd, not sure on 3rd. The throttle valve cable needs more adjustment. The bigger issue is that OD is not functioning, I am sure its an electrical short somewhere.

I will get some pics before we head out and post them a bit later tonight. I already vacuumed the inside and connected the red brick snap-on. there are no engine errors so its just the coolant system that worries me. It needs new valve cover gaskets but that is a bit to be expected.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

in my opinion you still got a good deal even after you had to have it delivered. $1000 for a running driving 4x4 is a great deal even if you have to put another $1000 into it and the wiring. my 81 cost me $600 by the time i paid the tow truck and cost about another $1000 to get on the road. it even sounds like you solved the trans problem. i guess most people forget that on a dodge you need to put them in neutral to check the trans fluid level.

80W150

I wouldn't say you got hurt on the deal. Old girl just needs some tlc is all. Make the things go away that bad people did to her. ;)

Wiring always kills me. Why do some people hack the hell out of a rig and think that what they are doing is ok? :angry5: As far as the calipers go, shoooooot, those are relatively cheap. If in doubt, replace. You have inspections down there in texas don't ya? In some ways I like that michigan doesn't(emissions part) but man, there are some real heaps that run around that probably shouldn't.

Well good luck with figuring the trans out. Hopefully it's not a rebuild situation.

WE WANT PICS! ;)
Chuck