News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

93 RC Trail Rig

Started by rjtx667, October 20, 2012, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

yup that is the way it is some days. really hard to pass up a good deal. too bad you didn't live closer. i know someone that was trying to sell a tri axle trailer that they had. it almost seemed like he was giving it away at $1500 or $1300 but up here it is kind of a bad time of year to sell vehicles and trailers since a lot of people don't have room to store stuff for the winter. i would almost consider buying it if i really had a use for it.

rjtx667

I saw some 3 axle trailers... I just did not want them because then you have to buy 6 tires instead of 4  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

79goat

I have a good 318 magnum I'll sell you cheap

rjtx667

I have 2 spares of those as it is... I am trying to build up some 360's now.

junk yards sell them for about 400 around DFW on craigslist.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Ernest had a chance to look at my transmission... its not good. He said they found parts of clutch material on the dip stick.

So looks like I will be pulling the transmission and tcase from the 91 to put in the 93 and rebuilding the 93's to go back into the 91.

The good news is that the 91 will have a new engine, transmission, and tcase when it gets going again. :violent1:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Robbing Peter to pay Paul eventually catches up to you.  :violent1:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

well this will be the 3rd ramcharger that this engine/ transmission/ tcase has been in  :confused2:

so basically when I stole the engine last April I should have just moved it all instead of just the engine.

it always catches up with you, but I rather have brand new in the show truck when its finished.

Funny enough I actually came out ahead this week. Back when I had the 92 ramcharger I bought some rear quarter panels from a junk yard to do the body work it needed. Well the frame was shot so I scrapped the ramcharger. I had someone storing the panels and I thought he trashed them years ago. Monday he called and said can you come get your stuff? So wed I went and picked up 2 quarter panels, a lift gate, and a new hood.

The hood was a cheap new one, but its still decent enough. The quarters are still in good shape over all. and the gate is nice and not cracked.

Now I have to figure out what to do with them, besides having them stacked in my back yard. Maybe post here and on RCC see if someone wants to deal with shipping them around.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

well the transmission and transfer case are out and ready for the road trip to Ernest to re-install.

That was fun... but only took about an hour.  :headbang:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectPW

Quote from: rjtx667 on March 08, 2016, 09:00:28 PM
well the transmission and transfer case are out and ready for the road trip to Ernest to re-install.

That was fun... but only took about an hour.  :headbang:

Awesome it should be like a new truck  :headbang:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

rjtx667

its already a new truck... it will just now be a new truck that can go faster than 30mph and have 4high lol.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

So it was a long day today but got it done  :13:

The old transmission was very ugly in the pan.

Lots of clutch material and metal flakes. Heck it even had a leaf inside the pan stuck to the filter!!!
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Since doing the upgrade we had to replace the output seal on the rear of the transfer case because of the flange adapter.

That new seal apparently is not a stock item for any parts store around... so we did the next best thing, we swapped out the whole output housing.

The rear driveshaft angle is still a bit steep when its on a lift but its all done and back together now.

I need to replace the passenger caliper which is sticking, have a check engine light, and the speedometer apparently did not get re-connected.

Otherwise it drove good and shifted as it should and 4wd high worked.

:headbang:

few more little tweaks and it will be ready for the fun times we have planned.  :dance:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

rjtx667

well the drive home yesterday was NOT fun!!!  :tard:

about 60 miles outside of Waco heading back to the farm where I store my stuff I have a trailer tire blow!

I get out and start looking... find out my lug nut tool for the truck does not fit the trailer and I forgot to pack any other tools  :violent1:

So After some calls insurance has a wrecker service on its say but it will take over an hour to get here and my brother in law is already headed out.

We get it change, but the spare I have does not look great.

I try to take it slow, but we got maybe 11-12 miles down the road and that spare throws its tread.  :violent1:

we make it to a parking lot this time. After talking a bit we decide to put my truck spare on it. It barely fits because its wider but we managed to get it on there.

After that we made it to the farm and I made it back home, but a 4 hour trip too me 7 hours.

It was a long day. And now I get to make up a trail tool box and buy some new tires.  :violent1:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Wow...it could have been worse.  That's what gets me by when bad luck strikes.

Murphy's at it again.   :violent-smiley-007: