News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

93 RC Trail Rig

Started by rjtx667, October 20, 2012, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Since its not driveable right now, we borrowed a piece to get the AC running.   :laughing7:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

it's drivable, if Noah or Eric put the driveshaft in... and as long as it was just the condenser and you sealed the system back up... that's ok

besides you left before me  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Thought that would get your attention pretty quick.   :039:

Just kidding :laughing4:

rjtx667

Been busy and have not really had a chance to update this.

So the truck is now back home, and I have 2 driveshafts back on it  :dance:

Bad news is that it has a real bad lean to the front driver side. We thought this meant the front driver spring was bad, but after swapping it out the lean is still there.

Next I am going to try replacing the front passenger spring. Its just a big game of musical springs.

I have the shocks on order, but they are not all here yet. After that its a small list of little touch up things, and I also need to go through and check all the bolts again. and again. and again.

Ernest also brought me a used 3 core radiator that I think will drop right in nicely, going to see if this upgrade helps my heating issues.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectPW

Keep at it you will find the magic combination of spring voodoo... The radiator upgrade will likely help. Just make sure you get the fan shroud on  :thumbsup:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

workgoats

Is this what the spacer was for?  And, did it work?

rjtx667

Spacer was for the front transfer case to front axle. Worked great. Just got it all bolted up.

I think I am done playing musical springs for now, but we shall see.

I now have 5 spare h2 wheels!!! lol I found some for a song. I also found some old but decent tires to mount  on 3 of them. So I now have a decent spare.

I got a new radiator from Ernest and its installed and looking good. Hopefully that helps on the over heat issues.

I still have a long list of things to do to be ready to go, but rain killed my movement this weekend :-(

that and needing to work on the cummins.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Awesome :thumbsup:

Now I need to get working on mine!!

rjtx667

all shocks are in and the rear drive shaft has been clearanced.

My battery tool arrives tomorrow to finish the relocate. I am getting close.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Well the truck did great, road like a cadillac  :evil6:

smooth and nice comfy ride. most of it was the suspension, but the seats helped too.

The new center seat came in handy as well... though I do need to put in a grab handle for the center seat.

The bad news is my transfer case still acts up (no 4 high), and I lost 2nd gear, had 1st all the time and sometimes had 3rd.

Then the fuel line decided to break, so had to fix that... then Ernest, Noah, Lance, and Eric (while Ernest drove mine because he demolished his rear axle) decided to let all the magic out of my computer. They blame a bad wiring harness, but I think they truly wanted to see the magic inside and just could not get it all back in when they were done looking.  :laughing7: :evil6:

So he is now parked out back of Ernest's shop and sometime soon I will take the transmission and transfer case from the 91 up there to be installed. The ones from the 93 will be rebuilt to go in the 91 as a fresh rebuild with its fresh engine.

I now have to either find a engine and dash harness, or talk Noah out of his.  :icon_scratch:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

So I had a free weekend and headed out to college station with some wire harness's.

First I found an issue with the engine bay harness that had a bare wire. So I pulled that out and swapped it.

I thought I would be smart and try to see if the old computer would stop smoking with the new harness. After testing... no it would just smoke. One of the large capacitors went bad, did not blow but it did break free from the board.

So then I removed the engine harness, which was a pain as apparently in 93 the engine and transmission harness were all 1. On my 92 they are separate harness's.

So I looked it over and found 1 spot where a joint was bare. I got that cleaned up and also re-wrapped the wires around the engine that were open.

After that got it all put back together and started right up  :13:

Left it there so Ernest can get the valve body in the transmission looked at. Also going to get 4 high rebuilt in the tcase since its dead.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectPW

Awesome  :thumbsup: ... there is hope  :steeringwheel:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

rjtx667

I had another thought this weekend I am considering trying.

I put 1.5" spacers all around when I added the h2 wheels.

The front needed them because it would hit the drop pitman arm for the steering... well now I have crossover steering and that is no longer the case. So I want to see what it would do without the spacers up front? It would make it narrower and easier to get on the trailer between the fenders.

The back has to keep it to avoid rubbing the wheel well. The front might be the same situation, but I figure its worth looking into.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

I have to stop looking on craigslist  :violent1:

I found a nice trailer for a price that was too good to pass up.

So now Tristian has a new way to travel.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun