News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Has it occured to anyone else

Started by 80W150, October 26, 2012, 05:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taz_man440

I had a 79 2x pop top... ended up scrappin it cuz nobody wanted it....
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

80W150

Quote from: taz_man440 on October 27, 2012, 10:35:19 PM
I had a 79 2x pop top... ended up scrappin it cuz nobody wanted it....

Aww hell. Figures. :crybaby2:

Oh, and I forgot to add that my son is worse. I've tried showing him how to hoard properly. Always think of area so you're not tripping over stuff, make sure it is something you(or a buddy) can use etc. What's he do? Just brings home random stuff. Other day I walk in the garage and there's two holley's sitting on the floor. I go in and ask him where they came from and he says "school".(he's in the auto program at the high school) I ask what they go to, answer, I don't know but Barrs(teacher) said I can have them. Now that's the kind of hoarding I don't like. These were factory carbs(more than likely GM) and really I have no use for them. There are times I truly understand why animals eat their young. ;)

Now I agree with Ryan, if there's a $5 part and I haven't used it, thought about but been having to move it around for 6 months, it's gone. It's cheap, I'll get another if I need it. If nothing else chances are I'll forget about it anyways and buy another. ;)

Hahahaha Mojack, it always starts out so innocent and respectable. :laughing7:

Quote from: mopar_daddy on October 26, 2012, 09:39:33 PM

:wave:Hi my name is Duane and I hoard mopars.

Hi Duane. :wave: Come on in, the waters fine. :tongue3:

Quote from: minionsram on October 27, 2012, 01:28:19 AM
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I only have 5 Ramchargers, a 01 1500, 1985 W350 and the wife has a 96 Jeep. No clue what the crazyness you are talking about. Oh and the Back of one RC is filled to the top with parts that I have found at JY's and said to the wife "hey babe I think I can use that lets get it" (she is my junk yard buddy, we will waste hours in one walking around and pulling parts for my Goats and her Jeep thing. :dontknow:

And as for you, now that's just being showassy and bragging. Ok, maybe I'm a touch jealous of everything. If I could get my wife to go junkyardin' with me..... Nah, gotta have "me" time occasionally. ;) She'd question too much as to why I'm buying this or that. I like to operate without restraint there. My own restraint is enough, I don't need to feel oppressed. :laughing7:
Chuck

Ragman

I'm glad to see I'm not the only with a problem. I have 3 garages and one large shed between my house and my rental house and they are pretty much full. One of them at the rental house is full to the gills with 72-80 Power Wagon parts. Two car garage at home has my Dart in it and no room for wifes Jeep. She don't care as long as I clean the snow off of it in the winter. I also have my boat, atv trailer and a spare box for my 78 Club Cab in the backyard. Plus my 24 ft camper is parked at my Dad's because it won't fit up the driveway at home. Now I have a 16 yr old that is getting into Broncos and is starting his own collection of Ford parts. But I will say this, it is organized at least. When will it end?  :dontknow:
1978 W150 Club Cab "Spare Change" 360/D44/D60/435/205
1963 Dodge Dart 360/833/8.75 sure grip
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9 4x4

trailduster.dave

i do indeed have a  79 2x4 poptop not far from being at the scrap yard. so if you need anything Richard now is the time.
UNTIL you have stepped on my place you have not been to a true RC museum  :thumbsup: lol
sorry i missed the trip but i felt it be best that i didn't make a showing at this time.

DD
24DB Touring Car "Esther"
48NewYorker Coupe "Eleanor"
39Ply Clb Coupe "Lesley"
50Ply Business Coupe
76RC 400/435 60f/70r "DDs Revenge"
77CJ7 D44s 4.56 36s"Stanley"
78TD Stock
79RC "Washer"
79TD "Bob"
85Crewcab 360/nv4500
88Shelby Z 2.2 Turbo 5spd
87Suburban 6dr 454 T400 205 D44f/14 Bolt Dually 4.10

SixGun

Hey Buddy,  did you ever make it to the car show with Esther?  If so post up some pics.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

80W150

Quote from: trailduster.dave on October 30, 2012, 09:42:58 PM
i do indeed have a  79 2x4 poptop not far from being at the scrap yard. so if you need anything Richard now is the time.
UNTIL you have stepped on my place you have not been to a true RC museum  :thumbsup: lol
sorry i missed the trip but i felt it be best that i didn't make a showing at this time.

DD

Too bad we don't live closer. I'd like to save it from the scrapyard. I just wanna hotrod a 2wd pop top. :steeringwheel:
Chuck

SoCal

Reading this thread made me clean up some of my garage on Sunday. The wife came outside after I had been in there a couple of hours to check on me. She thought I was sick because I was cleaning it out.

mopar_daddy

Quote from: SoCal on November 06, 2012, 05:35:10 PM
Reading this thread made me clean up some of my garage on Sunday. The wife came outside after I had been in there a couple of hours to check on me. She thought I was sick because I was cleaning it out.
OTFLMAO.So you now have room for some of my crap? This type of behavior makes me look bad. Stop it!
91 RC 6 plus" lift,5.9 mag,456s,x over.
79 RC fully tubed front to back.Walker E glass,37s
83 W crew,cummins(soon 2 b Ramburban)
85 long box PR 12-14" lift on 40" Boggers
93/99 mutant dakota R/T (monster dakota)
98 Dakota R/T my DD
Many 60s mopar muscle cars

rjtx667

Mine got worse, I made a huge mess to get the engine back in the 91 and now the wife is parking in the driveway instead of the garage. Granted I am not sure she could even get her new suburban in there if it was clean with all the other cars in the driveway  :laughing7:

Not sure I want her trying either. I have to clean it up before Sat since Richard is coming to get my other 318.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SoCal

Quote from: mopar_daddy on November 06, 2012, 08:29:28 PM
OTFLMAO.So you now have room for some of my crap? This type of behavior makes me look bad. Stop it!
Heck if you are forcing me to store the 440 big block and the bellhousing that goes with it then I guess I will :dance:

SixGun

Quote from: rjtx667 on November 07, 2012, 10:38:23 AM
I want I have to clean it up before Sat since Richard is coming to get my other 318.

Woo woo ... yeah buddy.   :dance:

80W150

I really need to get a little more creative with storage. Just put in a propane furnace in the garage(woohoo!) but that sucked up a little bit of valuable space. And trying to crawl around in the upper storage area of the garage was fun trying to run wire to the breaker panel. Had more stuff up there than what I remembered. Big thing was was not screwing up my new grill for the 77. Never been used on anything, factory, got it for free. Hate to mess that up.
Chuck

rjtx667

Well I did something I did not think was doable today.

I re-org the garage (translate threw stuff in the back of the 91 and in the attic) and I now have 3 cars back in my garage!!!

The suburban is still way too long, I need to move some shelving but it fits with an inch or so to spare.

The fluid all over the driveway would be power steering fluid from the 91... I found my steering shaft and the high pressure hose, but I am still looking for the low pressure hose I just bought. That sucker is getting heavier all the time lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

Well, my daughter is in her mid 30's.  She has been married for 16 or 17 years and has 3 kids.  Her husband works for city parks and mows yards for extra income.

I helped her move this weekend.  She makes my piles of stuff look small.  At least her stuff is lighter (no engine blocks or big stuff). :thumbsup:

Oh, I forgot.  Her big and heavy stuff is filling up my rented storage space. :happy3:

SixGun

Wow, that was fast!  A complete reshuffling since this last weekend.  Looks like a game of musical chairs.  Saturday, there was no 2000 RC yet and the white RC was all the way in the left most bay, and the Suburban was in the driveway.  Also, the garage space where the RC is was FULL with parts.  Good job Ryan.  For an encore, let's see you squeeze the other RC in there too.   :tongue3: