News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

big holes

Started by workgoats, July 10, 2013, 07:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

Nick's dad (Iola, Texas) sold a bunch of dirt to the state for widening of a state highway.  Ernest, my son and I went out Sunday to make fools of ourselves.  The holes were too deep, the sand was too soft and it had rained there a few days ago.  Ernest promptly pulled into a 25 ft deep hole and found the bottom too soft to go across. 

After a winching exercise we managed to get me stuck in a pond.  They took pictures of that but all were busy while we drug Ernest out.

At least we didn't break anything. 

Ernest did have to spend at least 30 minutes trying to get the mud out of the right front wheel so the truck would go over 30 down the highway.

9dawgs

:toothy9: How about some photos??
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks
'04 Volvo XC70, AWD, 2.5L T5 Turbo
'99 Astro 4x2, 4.3L, 4"OLV lift, RS5000 Shocks, BFGoodrich 31x10.50 DECEASED...

rjtx667

that had to be a sight to see  :laughing7:

we need more gopro camera's in our group lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Ahhh man, thought it was big ho'es.  LOL  :)

Ryan, speaking of Go Pro, did you get any good video at the last outing?  Love to see some.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

its sitting on my desktop, I need to go through them.

I have some personal issues that have come up and am currently dealing with  :crybaby2:

hopefully soon
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Sorry to hear that.  Hope you get it worked out okay. 
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

We have some videos but have been out of town.  We will try to get some up tomorrow.  Tonight we got back in town just in time to head for another play day.  Planning on winning this one too.