November 19, 2018, 04:40:21 pm

News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.


2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2wd

Started by rjtx667, January 11, 2015, 08:39:38 pm

previous topic - next topic

ProjectM880

Probably would be a good idea to fill the converter and replace fluid and filter while your working on the transmission.

Maybe i missed it but what is the total mileage on the truck?

rjtx667

156k

and yes transmission is getting new filter, probably a deep pan and new fluid.

if I have to drop the transmission for the flex plate then I will do the new converter and valve body as well.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

I believe its time for a Update :protest:


:steeringwheel: ?

rjtx667

about the same spot as last time, I got the inspection plate off and it shows you jack. removed starter snd nada. finally found s little plate on passenger side that covered 2 holes, one apparently for a tool to turn the crank the other a hole to remove the torque converter bolts.

well got all set up to try and start removing bolts and then I started feeling bad and had to call it a night. Friday after work I had to jump on a plane to Amarillo to help my folks move.

so maybe sometimes this week I can try to finish removing the bolts to see what I can see.

I did not see metal chunks or the like when I removed the inspection plate.  :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Well at least you are making progress.

A side from the vehicles that you have listed in your signature, How many do you have now with this one?

rjtx667

Lets see

1991 Ramcharger - has a 92 Magnum 318 in it
1993 Ramcharger - trail rig
2000 Ramcharger
2000 dakota (ready to sell, tired of dealing with it)
2003 durango (now daily driver)
2005 Cummins

I did not include the 1985 parts truck at Noah's

I also have

1989 Bayliner boat
1995 Jetski

I am way past out of room for my toys  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on February 09, 2015, 01:28:54 pm
Lets see

1991 Ramcharger - has a 92 Magnum 318 in it
1993 Ramcharger - trail rig
2000 Ramcharger
2000 dakota (ready to sell, tired of dealing with it)
2003 durango (now daily driver)
2005 Cummins

I did not include the 1985 parts truck at Noah's

I also have

1989 Bayliner boat
1995 Jetski

I am way past out of room for my toys  :laughing7:


Damn that's a collection!
Your as bad as Me and Noah  :laughing4:

SixGun

At least you guys are in the country. Ryan has a beautiful house in the suburbs.  His trail rig is a jungle gym in the backyard. Lol.  :laughing7:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on February 10, 2015, 01:40:28 pm
At least you guys are in the country. Ryan has a beautiful house in the suburbs.  His trail rig is a jungle gym in the backyard. Lol.  :laughing7:


Dodge's look better then lawn gnomes, But Im sure the HOA doesn;t agree with that...

rjtx667

No trailers in the driveway, but can be in the back yard as long as its not overly obvious.... so they don't really care.

now leave a car hauler in the driveway for a week and they are flipping out  :violent1:

maybe in a few more years I can find a place more suited for my hobbies  :laughing7:

My old brother in law tells me to sell the house and just buy a work shop that has living quarters on the end of it  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on February 10, 2015, 02:05:28 pm
No trailers in the driveway, but can be in the back yard as long as its not overly obvious.... so they don't really care.

now leave a car hauler in the driveway for a week and they are flipping out  :violent1:

maybe in a few more years I can find a place more suited for my hobbies  :laughing7:

My old brother in law tells me to sell the house and just buy a work shop that has living quarters on the end of it  :evil6:


Thats my goal is to buy some property and build a  shop with a apartment.

SixGun

X3 on that.   :great:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

Fingers crossed it goes well tonight, going to try and finish getting the torque converter loose.

Check out the flex plate and possibly start it with the converter loose.

If I can get all that done I will have all my answers I need.... I hope lol :tard:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on February 11, 2015, 02:08:00 pm
Fingers crossed it goes well tonight, going to try and finish getting the torque converter loose.

Check out the flex plate and possibly start it with the converter loose.

If I can get all that done I will have all my answers I need.... I hope lol :tard:


Are you just unbolting the Torque Converter? Or the whole transmission?

rjtx667

just the converter for now.

There is enough clearance to start it with it pushed back.. just barely.

The magnum's have the starter teeth on the convertor so that does not work so well.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins