News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

2000 Mexico RamCharger

Started by rjtx667, July 26, 2012, 12:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

I got 16 in town with the durango, 19-20 on the highway.

I get 17.2 combo driving with the 2000 Ramcharger (3.92 vs 3.08 gears). and before you say it weighs less it does not the RC has about 15 lbs on the burban'

the burban' also has the engine advantage as far as newer more HP and TQ.

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Heard from Mike at MRL yesterday.

He said the engine is done minus the push rods. He did the whole thing so when I get it, its complete... spark plugs, intakes, fuel injectors, fuel rail, water pump etc.

The push rods should be in Friday which means we can finish it up early next week and get it shipped out. I just hope I have time to get it all done soon. :dontknow:

I have to throw the accessory bracket and accessories on but thats about it.

I hope to have time this weekend to get the 93 in good shape so I can start fighting the wiring on the 2000. I need the wiring fixed so I can take it to the dodge house and get the computer updated and the odometer changed over. The computer is throwing a error so if its not fixable, I have another computer they can put in and re-program the vin number as well.

Since I don't know how the new engine will run with a stock tune I figure its best to get that done before the new engine.

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

worked on the wires some today, got some pics to post later.

I now have door locks and the overhead lights work. I still need to track down the trailer wiring and the rear wiper.

also need to fix the washer connector from the jy harness I bought. all in all it was good progress.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

not a lot to see, but I did manage to get the wires out of the connector without breaking anything.

I had to splice one wire where it went from a small connector to a big connector, but otherwise it worked good.

I can't tell you how happy I am to have working power locks again (with the keyless entry).

since the engine is suppose to be done and shipped soon, and I got my wire issue mostly fixed I am going to take my new computer + truck to the dodge house this week and see if they can't swap it out and re-program the vin and odometer all while converting the odometer to miles from kilometers.

I was also reminded tonight that I need to fix my hitch, when I mounted it the first time its too far under the truck and makes it hard to use.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

So after all that work yesterday you would think I had enough, nope. Went back for more today.

Funny thing I figured out this little connect I found yesterday that I had no clue what was... yeah its the door locks, now that I know that maybe I can put those wires back in the connector they should be in.

I worked on the trailer wire connector today. I got the turn signals and running lights working, think I got the brake wires but I need my controller before I can know that. I do know that my stop lights don't work because the 2000 is a 3 wire system not a 2 wire system. With that being said I ordered a converter from amazon so I should be able to get it hacked together and work as it needs to.

I have also decided that at some point in the not to distant future I am going to have to pull the dash back out and do a one by one comparison of the dash connector and engine bay connector. I have all sorts of discrepancies that I can see so while 90% of the stuff appears to be working, I think there are other issues that I may not know about not to mention the ones I do:

No rear wiper
No rear washer fluid (missing wire, just need to install that one)
No fog lights
No bright indicator on dash
No interior lights from rear hatch open

Not sure if its a "problem" or not, but you don't see any lights flash when the doors are locked or unlocked. Seems most other dodges have something they do, not that it matters because I will get it replaced with a keyless entry here soon enough.

I am going to take it to the dodge house tomorrow and get them to swap the computers and program the vin/ milage. Hoping they can understand I need them to convert the odometer from Km to Miles.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

The converter for the trailer wires came in today as well as the new trailer brake controller.

Controller plugged right in and had power, but kept saying no trailer connected so I will have to look at that some more.

The converter is connected and appears working good, once I connected it in the right spot. I wanted it inside the cab but that was not to be, so its up under the driver seat.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

TADA  :dance:

It's done and ready to go, getting a shipping quote today, so hopefully it can ship out tomorrow.

If it makes it here this week... I might be sick one day  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

Sweet...   yea I would be sick 2 days, 1st day puttin it in, 2nd day buyin new rear tires....lol
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

crazzywolfie

rjtx667

It will look a lot nicer in my truck when its running  :laughing7:

Its getting picked up wed, so I have no clue when it will get here.  ::)  but not soon enough.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Man that motor is a work of art.    :headbang:

I'm excited for you.  Too freakin' cool and no surprises since it's pro- built.  What are you gonna do for a tranny on this monster? 
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

I already have a Martin Saine Transmission... can handle up to 750 hp 2 year warranty and I was told "you cannot break this transmission"

Now I get to put that to the test  :laughing7:

I just got the money order off the for the shipping, thats not cheap for an engine  ???

While I was out I stopped by a place to see what they would charge to fix my head liners... with me removing them it was 425 with tax  :confused2:

I might be looking into getting my own material for that price.

I don't know yet if I will get to bring it down this go around, but if not this time for sure for RJ.  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Not sure if anyone watches fast n loud on discovery... but I have some and decided last week when I was in Dallas to run over to Sue's and see what she would charge to re-do my headliner. A shop over by work wanted $425 for front, back, and the sun visors. Sue wanted $200, so I immediately took them out and gave them to her.

She is really nice, played with the 2 kids I had with me. She called today saying that they were ready so I will go get them monday.

Once I have more funds I will have her do the carpet and seats as well.  :headbang:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins