News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

2000 Mexico RamCharger

Started by rjtx667, July 26, 2012, 12:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

Suppose to be painted tomorrow and cleared on saturday, we shall see how it goes.

They are sanding the whole truck to get it smoother then paint it all again and then 2 gal of clear again.

Hope it comes out right this time.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

well they are still sanding on it, hope to paint this week/ weekend.

Its funny if you look real quick it almost looks like it did when I got it... Flat black vs Flat Dark Blue  :crybaby2:

Hopefully it starts looking good again. They have sanded a whole lot on that sucker.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Well I broke down and ordered more parts today.

Got the Dodge emblem for the grille, and all sorts of rubber gaskets for windows and doors. There was more I wanted, but the other will have to wait. That weatherstrip stuff is not cheap  :tard:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Paint take 2

looks good, they have to wet sand and buff along with fix a few small things on the door. Maybe by friday it will be close to ready for windows.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

phillip637

1985 Ramcharger 4WD 318/727/np208. 4bbl cammed headers
1989 Ramcharger LE 4WD 318TBI/727/np241
1990 W250 318TBI/A518/np241
2000 Dakota 3.9 magnum 2WD

Dodgestrike

MOPAR
Massively Over Powered Asphalt Remover.

rjtx667

Well they have the hood wet sanded, and are working on the rest. They are using 3000 grit paper !!!!

I am not sure how long its going to take them to get it all done, but we shall see.

It all works out as I am low on cash right now, so I need time to save up $$ so I can do the carpet and head liner.

I did go to the JY saturday and bought a new front headliner, not sure it will work like I want yet but I will try. I also got a new steering column for it... Tilt steering here we come  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

Dodgestrike

thats good news , I have the templates done for the back headliner done  :icon_salut:
MOPAR
Massively Over Powered Asphalt Remover.

rjtx667

Well I was sick yesterday so did not make it anywhere, but they called and said its washed, waxed, buffed, and all pretty. They have it all done and ready for glass. The glass guy is going to work to get it scheduled and installed this week so hopefully this weekend I can put some door glass back in and get it drivable again.

I prob won't drive it a whole lot as I need to get the rest of it going.

I will start with replacing the dash wire harness (again) and the sound deadening.

Once that is done I have to work on the head liner and carpet. The headliner also requires the new rear a/c I plan to install into it.

Outside I need to fix the parking brake for the new axle and see about swapping out the lug nuts on the axle to the same size as the front.

Sadly I am sure it will be Feb or better before its all done, but it will be nice to have it back home.

I also have to give some time to the durango so I can get it sold and to the 93 so that I have a reliable snow/ ice vehicle.

Beyond all that I have to get the gas leak fixed on the 91 so it can head on over to the body shop for its new paint.

Its great to have progress, but it makes me realize how much more I have to do

I will get some pics today of it, I hope.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

PICS!!!!!!!!!!
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

looks good. almost can't wait to see it all back together and completed.

rjtx667

Me too!!!

when I get it back I have to finish getting the rest of the glass back in it and the power windows/ locks working. Once I have that done I will drive it around a bit and get quotes for people to do the head liner/ carpet/ side panels in the rear (carpet).

hopefully that won't cost an arm and a let.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Well its been home since Sat, not that I have had time to do hardly anything to it.

I got the "extended cab" glass in, but the latches are not secured. I have the door rubber in, but don't have all the window seals in for the door windows.

Hopefully if it warms up some I can work on the windows some more and get the door wire harness back in there.

Pics to follow soon
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Did a little more last night, got the hatch closing good and got the wiper blades on. Sadly they have to come back off as I need to fix 1 thing then the cover goes on under the wiper blades.

Its amazing how I have not really drove the truck but yet its dirty  :icon_scratch:

I will have to clean it soon, and I am sure that will be a cold time doing that.

I am taking a page out of Ron's book, but who knows how it will turn out. I bought a backup camera and LCD, this LCD is in the rear view mirror so its smaller but also should be a cleaner install if it works correctly. I am trying to keep a clean look in here, but if it works good I will do something similar to the 91 and 93. (here is a link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RC2390/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_SC_dp_4)

The place I one up'd Ron is that I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055XCLK4/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_SC_dp_3

for the price I bought 2 to play with, my hopes are to paint them and install front and rear. I want to wire it so that I only need 1 "display" for both sets of sensors.

They should all be in tomorrow I think so we shall see, not that I am sure when I will have time to work on it. I am trying to clean up the inside metal so I can get ready to sound proof it, but driving it around last night I heard some noise so  now I have to get my wife or someone to drive around while I look for the sound  :angry5:  It also sounded like there was a hole or something not sealing well in the back as the exhaust was louder than I expected on the inside... granted it is a flowmaster but still it sounded like something I should look into.

If I get time this weekend I want to start on the dash wire harness replacement. It should take a few hours to do and will give me the rear wiper back, but I will have to re-work a few of my "creative" solutions for the cruise control.

Here are some pics last night from the parking lot. Going to try to get some during the day, but with daylight like it is, its getting hard to do during the weekday.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins