News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

dana 44 front axle shafts needed.

Started by ernestgonzales78@gmail.com, April 02, 2013, 09:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

Ryan tare it down and send pics. I'm agreeing with Ron. U will not need the spacer. The auto hubs are different than the manuals.
76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)

rjtx667

going to finally get to this after work, so will let you know.

One question I have is the mile markers came in, what parts are suppose to be plastic? It all looked like metal to me.  :icon_scratch:  :dontknow:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

Most companies make more than one grade of hubs. I have an all metal set of Mile Markers and I like them a lot.

rjtx667

well I got it tore apart, I am undecided on the spacer and if its needed... I am more worried at this point with my inner oil seal leaking and trying to replace that.

Started wondering if it would have been smarter to just bring some extra gear oil with me  :icon_scratch:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

My driver side seal leaks so I just stay outta mud & check oil every so often.... probably something I need to check soon.. :dance:
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

driver side is a walk in the park... don't have to take the carrier out.

we could prob do it at hidden falls, I will know more about it if I ever get my carrier out
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

I got the passenger side all done. I need to get another seal to do the driver side... figured while I was in there since the driver side had a small drip.

The seals are about 20 bux locally. You don't have to take the carrier out to replace the driver side on CAD axles.... but that is the sneaky part that about 94 or 95 sometime they swapped the dif from the pass to the driver side... so when you read online its mostly backwards from our trucks.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

So... after I get the right seal (driver side is intermediate axle shaft seal  :tard: )  it went together pretty good.

I had a piece of all thread a few washers and nuts. pressed it in and got the axle all back together. Then realized I only had LSD gear oil and thats for the 2000  :angry5:

Oh well have to go by the parts house tomorrow anyways for the A/C gasket set. I replaced a few parts while it was open and need a few gaskets.

I did take a few pics of my hubs before the MM were installed. As you can see ( I think? ) you can see the spacer of my concerns. It is pushed back far enough to be in the bearings area and not the hub area. I left the spacers in on both sides and the hubs installed just fine.

A sad note, the hubs stick out to far to allow me to put the center caps back on now.  :angry4:   I guess I can live with that, these wheels won't be on there for all that long. Still trying to decide if I should put the older simi dry rot 33's back on it for the trip or keep the new 31's.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

must be a dodge thing. I haven't found that on my ferd or chey...
76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)

Toyradio

I have a bunch of parts in the shop I'll look and see today just what I have and go from there.