News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Waco explosion

Started by SixGun, April 18, 2013, 05:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Hey Ryan,  did you guys feel or hear the explosion from West Texas?  I know you live south of Dallas and the explosion was north of Waco.  Pretty scarey stuff.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/texas-explosion/index.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57580193/west-texas-explosion-explaining-the-physics-behind-blast/
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

we were at church but did not hear or see anything, my folks called and told us.

really sad
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

My wife is from there.  its not good.  My mom in law lives maybe 3 miles from the plant across I-35 and it blew the back door in, busted windows, & knocked the pictures off the wall.  There are more family members in the area & all have property damage but they are safe.  I know the area won't be the same. Great lil town but could have been worse as tightly packed as the town is...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

I kept seeing the video today of the guy filming the fire and all of a sudden .... BOOM !!  He had to be a couple miles away and it just tore right through them.  The kid in the background was obviously extremely panicked.  Crazy how close the residential area was in proximity to the plant considering the dangerous nature of the chemical compounds there and the large quantities of it.  Sounds like the brunt of the fatalities were the volunteer firemen.  It's a real shame.  Will, real glad to hear your family made out okay considering.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

Its sad, makes you feel bad for the town and all the people.

Its going to take a long time to rebuild if thats even possible, who knows how many of the town people worked there. :'(
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project