News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

crazzywolfie's 93 RC

Started by crazzywolfie, April 22, 2013, 11:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

i just  figured it was about time i started my own thread for the ramcharger. it has come a fairly long way since i got it but has a even longer way to go if i plan on keeping it. the money i was planning on spending on fixing the plenum gasket and getting better gas mileage may end up getting spent on sheet metal this week.
a picture of when i first got it

one of my favorite mods. it is so nice to know the outside temp plus having the extra lighting is nice.

this shows that extra lighting/led light upgrades i did.

another one of my favorite upgrades was the backup lights. i can see pretty much everything when backing up.

now the next project. this is why i wouldn't mind getting a ramcharger from down south.

rjtx667

:confused2:

man good luck on those floors :-(

You ever make a trip down to dallas I can make you a deal on some side panels  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

thanks. for the most part the outside is not too bad. it is just the floor under the feet that is in rough shape. the area around the floor pans seems solid and has the factory white paint still on it. just trying to figure out if 72-80 cab mounts will work with my ramcharger. otherwise i think i will be ordering the parts from c2cfabrication.com. they are the cheapest i can find.
http://c2cfabrication.com/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=27&filter_id=203&sort=4a&page=2

i think if am in the Dallas area i may just search for another ramcharger 87 or older to slide my engine and transmission into so i don't have to deal with emissions testing. engine and transmission work fairly good. just the body falling apart around it like most vehicles up here.

crazzywolfie

$290 later and the new sheet metal is now ordered. said it should be here in 2-5 days. ordered left and right floor pans and cab mounts. now i guess all i need to do i break the bolts on the old cab mounts loose and prepare the cab so that i can sandblast and weld stuff. also have to see about getting some of that plastic bed liner stuff for the floors so i should never have this issue again. might also have to visit my 91 and take the seat out of it. i think a bench seat up front might be nice. never really liked the bucket seats in the ramcharger. they have always kind of made me sore plus they see to put a bit more stress on the metal under the seat which is kind of why i tore into it. the seat was wobbling because one of the spot welds broke. 

rjtx667

I always thought the buckets were pretty comfortable? But yeah they do have extra stress. The 93 I have the spot welds and extra support bracket on the driver side broke so the floor pan was loose and really messed with ya while driving.  :laughing4:

I just drilled 2 new holes and bolted it up for now. I will look for a more permeant fix at a later time.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

i am a pretty big guy and the material seats just seem a bit too hard. plus the wobbling around while going around corners didn't help. i am thinking about just welding it back together. plus i wouldn't mind having room for 1 more person in the ramcharger. then wouldn't have to squish someone in the back seat if i am hauling my niece and nephew.

rjtx667

I can understand the space issue... it gets hard only seating 5. Its one of the things I like about the 2000 is the bench front seat... that and the rear seat is not between the wheel wells and a big larger as well.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

my sister says there is more room in the back seat of the ramcharger than there is in the back seat of a typical car even tho the seat is between the wheel wells :icon_scratch:. i also find with the bench seat in my 81 it seems like it is easier to get into. i think if the ramcharger had tilt steering it might be a bit easier to get into but as is it is a bit of a pain. with a bench seat you can just slide on in.

rjtx667

I have a tilt wheel off a 91 I can send down your way... at least I think I still have it. :steeringwheel:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

thanks for the offer but i think i might be ok with the stock one until i swap in a bench seat. i am hoping i might come across a good seat that matches the the stock seats or i may have to get something to cover the red seat from the 91.

crazzywolfie

had the parts i order show up yesterday. i was pretty happy until i pulled everything out and discovered that they had sent me 2 drivers side floor pans and one of them was even damaged :angry5:. well after getting ahold of them they said they would ship out the right one and they where going to have me box up the extra pan until they noticed i was up in Canada. once they noticed that they seemed to say never mind. you can just keep it :icon_scratch: :13:. got a e-mail today from fedex saying there was a package on its way here and will be here on Thursday :dance:.

today was also a pretty nice day and the next 3 days are suppose to be even nicer. now i do got to say i am pretty angry at my ramcharger right now. i fired it up while sitting on the floor and put my foot on the brake so i could put it in neutral and my foot went all the way to the floor :angry4:. the front drivers side brake line blew. go figure it is the 1 line i have not replace but was already replace at one point it time. i think i have all the tools, fittings and brake lines to repair it but i wish i didn't have to. i took the front seats inside and removed the floor mat thing. now i am thinking about removing the rear seat and floor mat. all i know is that by may 7th i need to have this thing back together and fixed to pick my sister up at the airport.

SixGun

How much was the shipping?

Looks like you will be fixing a 2nd truck's floor pan.   :13:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

2 floor pans, and 4 cab supports cost me $130 to ship up here. shipping is a bit expensive but compared to what the local parts store prices it is cheap. i think the local parts store wanted $150 per floor pan. i think $290 shipped to my door is a good price if they can get me the correct floor pan this time.

i was thinking the same thing. the 81 does not look too bad and i am not sure what i am going to do with the drivers side floor pan out of the ramcharger. if i can get it out in 1 piece i might actually try selling it for $20. someone might need it. 

crazzywolfie

i think this ramcharger is going to kill me. started working on it at 10am and didn't finish till about 7pm and don't feel like i got very far.

rjtx667

seems that kind of work is very tedious and time consuming.

It took me 2 weekends of work to get the leaf springs changed on my 91... and now I am thinking I want those springs on the 93 and new springs for the 91... it never ends.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins