News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

crazzywolfie's 93 RC

Started by crazzywolfie, April 22, 2013, 11:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

after checking out a few places there is no way the bolts they are selling are grade 8 is there? the 1 place i looked it was just $5 for 1 bolt. no nut or washers. do you think it would be ok to run grade 5 bolts for the shackles and leaf springs?

SixGun

According to Stengelbros, they are grade 8.

I found this place in Michigan that ships internationally.
http://www.truckspring.com/trailer-parts/trailer-suspension/shackle-bolts.aspx

Are you trying to bolt on the shackle mount? Do you have a tractor supply or trailer store nearby? They would have what you need. When I watched Noah and Ryan, they welded them on.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

SixGun

crazzywolfie

thanks Richard. i am completely blind lol. it says right there at the top of the list that they are grade 8. ya i am planning on bolting them to the frame. this has to be a street legal vehicle plus i really don't know if i would trust welding to this frame or not. the bolts that were $5 each were the 5/8" ones that hold the shackle on each side.  the ones that hold the shackles mount to the frame seem a bit more reasonable at $1/bolt. i can get all 8 at the store for $26 which i don't mind. so far it looks like the cheapest option. my friend also said he was going to see what they have at work. if he can get some he might grab me a few.

crazzywolfie

well i ordered all the parts i think i needed to fix this thing. hopefully i don't end up needing more. ordered the bolts to go with it just to be safe. just waiting on shipping information now. hopefully in a couple weeks time it will be up and cruising around town again. till then i am going to focus most of my efforts on my 81 when it is not too crazy hot out. spent an hour or 2 out by the pool yesterday and the back side of me that was not cover my my shorts got burnt.

rjtx667

See Richard... they have red legs up north too!!!!

:laughing4:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

lol ya the back of my legs were pretty red and burnt good. i smartened up and found the sun bock the next day. the stuff had an expiry date in 2001 but still seemed to do the job.

SixGun

As long as you don't eat it, you should be okay

crazzywolfie

:laughing4: ya i don't plan on eat it. heck i don't even like using it but apparently i might need it if i decide to spend more time pool side instead of under my vehicles :laughing7:

SixGun

I'm not much of a shorts person but decided on one of the hottest days to wear them and paid the price. Loll

crazzywolfie

normally i was not much of a shorts person but i could get use to them. one of many new changes i am making in my life. i am still having a hard time finding good shorts  that are similar to the pants i like wearing with the pocket by my side in the right spot so that i can keep my phone in it without sitting on it.

crazzywolfie

well hopefully if all goes good i should have some parts tomorrow. would have possibly had them a bit sooner if i didn't have to deal with the idiots at UPS but things sound like thing are all straightened out now. the only thing that suck is i won't be able to start doing any work on it till Monday. by the time i get the parts it will most likely be too late to start working on it and i really don't like starting a project the day before i work. harder to keep organized especially when you are working in a driveway. plus i think i need a couple more tools so i can swing by princess auto after work and see about grabbing what i think i need. can never have too many tools

rjtx667

good luck on it all.. I know what I did at Noah's was a PITA. I can just imagine having to do it in a driveway.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

well hopefully it goes smooth. i really don't see why it shouldn't but i guess i will see. i plan on just cutting/grind/burning what i need to to get it apart. i think the most time consuming thing i will most likely end up doing is cleaning the frame and applying fresh paint before re-assembling it.

SixGun

Over here drive way is HOT!

:sunny: