News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

crazzywolfie's 93 RC

Started by crazzywolfie, April 22, 2013, 11:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Well Mat, the light at the end of the tunnel is that it should last another 20 years if done correctly.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

hard to say if i will have this thing for another 20 years. i think the next thing i will be looking for is a new frame after this. i have a feeling my frame is a bit thinner in certain area's than it should be. i guess i am lucky that it should not be too hard to find a ramcharger with a rotten body but decent frame.
Quote from: rjtx667 on May 02, 2013, 09:48:06 AM
seems that kind of work is very tedious and time consuming.

It took me 2 weekends of work to get the leaf springs changed on my 91... and now I am thinking I want those springs on the 93 and new springs for the 91... it never ends.
ya. is is even more time consuming when your dad is making a exact template for the support when you just need something quick. doesn't need to be perfect. just close enough.

otherwise the fedex truck showed up and guess what? wrong floor pan yet again so it sounds like i am going to have to make my own until they can get me the right one or whatever is going to happen. they said they are going to have to contact there manufacture or something like that. almost thinking about trying to sell the 2 left side floor pans and buy me a passenger side one if i have to.

by the time i am done rust removal and cleaning underneath i think the ramcharger will be a couple hundred pounds lighter. the underside is just caked with oil and dirt. now the oil has save some of the metal but completely screwed the rest.

crazzywolfie

i spent today bending metal and sandblasting. i think the back of my neck and face are sun burnt. hopefully by tomorrow i will be welding things in.

SixGun

:sunny:  Nothing wrong with being a little redneck.

crazzywolfie

ya. i guess at least it is warming up up here. no more snow.

crazzywolfie

it has been s busy couple days but it is back together and feeling a lot better. no more wobbling seat or having to really slow down for turns. will have to tear it all back out at another date to fix a few things up but for now they should do. i then removed all my tools and cleaned it as good as i could. i also have it a bath which help it get rid of all the dust that has built up on it over the last couple of weeks.

Toyradio

crazzywolfie

thanks. i am kind of glad i am getting closer to having a break from fixing this thing. it just keeps eating up all my money. i don't remember my 81 ever being this bad. this ramcharger has really been neglected.

SixGun

I know what you mean.  Just when I think that I'm done to a point of working on the RC, something else comes up on the D150.  It's a never ending cycle.  Keeps a smile on my face though.   :dance:

crazzywolfie

ya. the work never seems done. next thing on my list of things to do is adjust the passenger side door. don't remember having any issue with it up until today. it seemed to be a lot harder to open and close. pins and bushing seem to be pretty good still so i am not sure why the door has dropped so much :017:.

crazzywolfie

i seem to be getting lots of good news today. got a letter from the insurance company and my monthly insurance payments are taking a big drop. last month my insurance payment was $394/month and this month the insurance payment were suppose to drop down to $325/month but since my birthday is at the beginning of July and insurance renewal is at the end of June they went back and made a few changes so my monthly payments will $244/month :13:.  that $150 more each month that i will be able to spend on keeping this beast moving.

i also finally just got to sit down and read read my emails and the place i ordered my floor pans from sent me a e-mail. apparently the manufacture had labeled them all incorrectly but they have since corrected the problem and are going to ship me out the correct pan. i am not going to hold my breath on it being right but they said i could keep the 2 drivers side pans even though they are a pain to make fit. don't plan on replacing the floors in my 81 unless i have to. might just try selling the pans and keep the money.

SixGun

When you say the driver pans were a pain, do you mean that they didn't fit well?    :icon_scratch:

crazzywolfie

ya. they didn't fit very well. i guess if i had a bit more floor left i could have cut more off and made them fit easier but with how much floor i was missing i needed as much of the pan as i could use. hopefully the passenger side will be a bit easier since there is more factory floor pan left.

crazzywolfie

decided to add something to my todo list even though i have not finished the cab support work yet. i now want to install a truck tailgate on my ramcharger in place of the ramcharger tailgate. i like the way the truck tailgate looks but not sure what i would do for a top half. might have to make something. does anyone know if tailgate hinges off a 95 f150 would work with a dodge tailgate?

crazzywolfie

i replaced the o2 sensor in my ramcharger. it was a bit tougher to break it loose than i thought it should be but i got it free using my pipe wrench just like Sixgun suggested(thanks for the tip). not sure if the old sensor was stock or not. new o2 sensor had a few more holes in it. i reset the computer and took it for a drive but i am not sure if it made a difference. the old one did not look too bad. all that premium gas and oil separator on the pcv valve line must be doing its job.