News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

crazzywolfie's 93 RC

Started by crazzywolfie, April 22, 2013, 11:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

The put a fair bit of salt down up here. i wish rust was holding mine together but it must not have been. I attached a pic of my pretty used steering Box bolted to my rusty frame

I don't need a borgeson steering shaft. the steering shaft on power steering Box i installed installed was tight but i sprayed some lithium grease in it any ways just to make sure. the old steering couple had a fair bit of slop in it.

The War Wagon

Quote from: crazzywolfie on May 25, 2014, 04:01:35 PMI don't need a borgeson steering shaft. the steering shaft on power steering Box i installed installed was tight but i sprayed some lithium grease in it any ways just to make sure. the old steering couple had a fair bit of slop in it.

The rag joint was WAAAAY too sloppy for me, in a lifted truck, in which I was going to be hauling my kids.  Dual stabilizer and Borgeson steering helps at low speed, and helps a LOT at highway speed!  I can't imagine crawling in it just yet - between the big tires & imprecise steering (my DD is the Jeep Commander - I'm spoiled, when it comes to steering  :tongue3: ), I can't imagine running someplace like Uhwarrie, like I used to in my Bronco.  Can't wait to try the ORV parks around here, though.  Gotta see what i CAN do with it so far!
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

crazzywolfie

i have less to worry about since mine is only a 2wd  :laughing7:. i would't mind doing like SixGun did and lift a 2wd to make it look like a 4x4 don't know if i would want to do it to my ramcharger. i would need to find another ramcharger that is in better shape to start out with. my current ramcharger has too much rust to really save

SixGun

Bring that D150 on by the house and we'll get started on it Mat.   :headbang:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

i wish. i need to replace the front cab supports on my 81. i made some replacement cab supports years ago to get it on the road but didn't use strong enough metal so they started collapsing a bit.

crazzywolfie

things never seem to end with this thing. so as some might know the ramcharger was having some radiator issue. spent today patching a hole in the rad that was caused by a hose clamp on the transmission cooler that was disconnected. i hopefully got it fixed so that i never have issues again :13:. also cleaned out the trans cooler that was disconnected and hooked it up. should hopefully help things last longer. the cooler looks to be stock. still got to lot of things left to do those. i was backing into the driveway and noticed my 1 backup light was out and i just changed the bulb the other day. also got a bad connection somewhere between the 1 tail light and the other because the marker light on the one side wont come one when i turn the lights on and have changed the bulb already. this thing is just a pain in the @$$. keep running into problem after problem with this ramcharger. also need to change the oil and air filter to and get the thing ready for emissions testing which is coming up soon.

The War Wagon

DUDE!!!!  Time for a NEW radiator!!!   :confused2:

Yeah, they're cheap-ass Chinese junk, but you can snag a new one through Autozone for $100.  Get a coupon for $20 off, and it'd be worth it, until you can afford a good Summit Racing radiator!   :thumbsup:

Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

crazzywolfie

with how everything on my 93 keeps on breaking i think i will just leave the rad alone. i have price out a new rad and it is $230 for a cheap rad. stuff up here is a lot more expensive plus the rad is really not in that bad of shape. other than that 1 hole cause by the hose clamp the rad is in fairly good shape over all. the rad in my 81 will most likely need to be replaced first. it is in worse shape.

crazzywolfie

ended up fixing the rear light issues. 1 was a broken wire and the other was a bad connection at the relay that i installed behind the tail light assembly. also cleaned out the back of the ramcharger and changed the blueish white led roof light for a white led light that  matched the rest of the lights.

SixGun

My tail light bulbs and front blinker bulbs would get rusted out pretty quick. I started using the dielectic grease to keep the moisture out. Its only 99c at Auto zone.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

the ramcharger don't have that issue since the area behind my tail light is sealed from the elements. the ramcharger still has the stock light sockets. the bad connection was actually more of a bad crimped on connector. didn't get crimped right. i got a relay hiding behind the one tail light which powers the 1 stock backup light and use to power the 2 auxiliary backup light that i use to have. they got knocked of by backing into a ice bank this winter. they made the lights as bright as they could be and took some load off the stock wiring.

crazzywolfie

been an interesting day with the ramcharger like usual. fixed the transmission fluid leak i had. ended up just being a loose hose clamp that got overlooked. took the sway bar off since the clamps that held it to the strut rods broke. came off nice and easy but i ended up getting filthy in the process because of all the undercoating oil that is still on it. i hate all the oil on everything. well that is all i planned on doing today up till the point where i went to give the ramcharger back to my sister. i had just backed into the driveway and put the ramcharger into what i thought was park but it felt a bit funny but i got out anyway. ramcharger didn't go anywhere but i did notice the backup lights were still on:disgust:. got my sister to try shifting through the gears and they seemed to stay on. apparently the c clip that hold the 1 shifter linkage thing in the bracket is gone and and managed to jump out of the bracket. i had to loosen the bracket to get it back in and then since the parts stores were closed i used a close hanger to replace the c clip. seemed to work. shifter works properly once more but will fix it once the parts store opens. i had the same issue with my 81 a while ago and the parts store actually just gave me the c clip for free :great:

crazzywolfie

not too much going on with my ramcharger lately. ended up having to do some sand blasting and welding on it about a week ago and got a mild dose of arc eye from not having my welding helmet set on weld when i should have. luckily for me there is some light tint on the helmet so i didn't quite get a full dose of uv. had to sleep with a moist face cloth on my eyes which was kind of difficult until i was drop dead tired. was a bit of a pain but i hopefully learned my lesson or at least learned how to take care of ark eye if i get it again.

now in other news i found my next upgrade. i found myself some good cup holders that i am pretty sure i should be able to integrate into my seat. my brother in law is scrapping is 98 Plymouth voyager and i took the cup holder from it and i think i should be able to mount them to the bottom of my seat which would beat my current cup holder that always takes up space and is easily filled with junk.

rjtx667

dang be careful with that welding!!!

does not sound like fun
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

well usually i am pretty good with it but i was using one of those old flip down helmets and not use to this new auto darkening helmet. it has a weld and grind setting. it was on grind instead of weld and the rest is history. thinking about putting tape on the switch to make sure it stays on weld.