News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

crazzywolfie's 93 RC

Started by crazzywolfie, April 22, 2013, 11:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

it was a NTK brand o2 sensor. i was not having any issues when i replaced it. i just had a new one sitting around.

i have not done the key dance but i doubt it will do much.

i got under it today and the steel line that that goes up to the engine bay rusted out inside the rubber line that connects to the fuel filter so i just cut some steel line off and shoved it back in the rubber line and so far it has stopped leaking. i really just need to top up the tank and drive to see what it is getting.

The War Wagon

Mine's also an NTK - lemmee know how it works, since you got to it first!
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

crazzywolfie

mine has been in for over a year and many many miles and has been fairly good. i get about 500-600km's/tank(310-370miles/tank). it usually averages about 14mpg but obviously gets a lot worse mileage when you are dripping gas on the ground :tard:

SixGun

So when are you thinking about tearing into the upper control arm?
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

next week sometime is when i plan on tearing into the upper control arm. ordered the parts and got most of the tools just waiting on the parts from Rockauto. doubt they will be shipped out until tomorrow or Wednesday because of the holiday. also need to get a couple bolts and some long nuts to push the upper ball joint out of the knuckle without damaging it. will see about taking lots of pics. going to see about sand blasting and painting them while i have them off. really got a crap load of stuff i should be doing on it this week but don't know what to do first. the crack in the drivers side door by the bottom hing is starting to get bad and the squeaking drivers side fender is getting real annoying. the rear bumper is also loose and rattles. it just so much stuff to do. i also got to take the windshield out of the 81 soon and cut the drip rail off because it is starting to get to rusty and the gasket on my windshield is pretty much shot. i know if rains in my truck more than it should last time i drove in the rain.

at least it looks like the 93 is getting about 19mpgs. that might be saving me a bit of money.

crazzywolfie

i think the parts got shipped out today :13:. got emailed a tracking number at 7:30 this morning and there was a updates at 3:30 afternoon so i think they have been picked up. the parts are only coming from Warrensville Heights, OH so they only have to travel about 400 or so mile so hopefully they will be here on Friday or Monday at the latest. since i have to wait i have been setting up tools and prepping thing. installed new fitting on the new tools and setup the new air line. now i just have to go back to the store on sunday and get me 2 more couplers. the one on my other airline is one of those sloppy leaking universal couplers and i still got another brand new line without a coupler for it. when all is said and done i will have 150 feet of air line which is enough to go anywhere around the house or neighbor hood that i need :laughing7:

crazzywolfie

it took all day today but the parts finally showed up and i was pretty happy with what i got. you should see the new motor mounts for the 81. there is a huge difference and for $10 each can't really go wrong. they go for $51 each at the local parts store. if i blow one of these motor mounts i had better just chain the engine down  :laughing7:

SixGun

So were those the Cummins mounts?  Have you checked the fit on both sides yet? 

crazzywolfie

ya both sides look identical except the diesel ones are bigger and look way stronger

crazzywolfie

the led lights i ordered finally showed up today and straight to installing i went. i got to say so far i like them. not too big of a fan of the white color but i like how small they are. i also mounted them on brackets so that if they do get hit by ice or something they will just fold up behind the bumper out of harms way. the bracket also lifts them up nice and tight to the bumper which looks a bit better. if i had made these brackets last year my last set of lights would not have got smashed of in an ice bank.

crazzywolfie

it only took a month but the ball joint presses finally went on sale at princess auto and i picked one up. it was 50% off so i got it for $50. should come in handy when i replace the drivers side control arm bushings but hopefully i won't be doing it too soon. the camber on the drivers side is a lot better than the passenger side was.

SixGun

Sweet ... That thing comes in handy.  :13:

crazzywolfie

been kind of busy working on this thing today. i have always had a bit of a braking issue with my RC when it was wet out in the morning so i finally decided to look into it. things ended up being a bit worse than i thought it would be but should be a lot better now. there is still a bit of a low spot were the inner pad sits but should be way better than it was. i think i might try filing a bit more on another day but not too worried about it. i also removed what was left of the dust shields and tossed some paint on things after i cleaned it up pretty good. that needle scaler i bought has come in very handy removing all the loose flaking rust. looks a lot better now.

crazzywolfie

not been doing too much to my RC lately. just trying to avoid having to do too much work to it. i was bored the other night and decided to email dodge to get a build sheet for this beast since i have been having strange issue with the charging system. i was wondering if the alternator had possibly been replaced sometime in the past since the fusible link looks like a 8 gauge fusible link which seems a bit big for the 90amp alternator. any how, i inspected the 120amp denso alternator i had sitting around and the brushes/copper contacts seem almost new so i plan on putting that on my RC soon. the extra 30 amps probably would have helped a bit when i was boosting that diesel on sunday twice :laughing7:.
also if anyone is interested in getting a build sheet on there 87 or newer truck apparently you don't even need to email dodge. you just have to enter your vin in the box labled vin on this webpage
http://dodge.custhelp.com/app/dodge/eqlisting_detail/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI0MjM0NjkxL3NpZC9XTW1lcGhmbQ%3D%3D

here my RC's build specs
*H5 Cloth High-Back Bucket Seats
APAS Monotone Paint
BARS 90 Amp Alternator
BCES 600 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
BGJS Pwr Disc/Drum Rr Anti-Lock Brakes
BKGS 11x2.5 Rear Drum Brakes
CADP High Back Bucket Seats
CDEP 6-Way Power Passenger Seat
CFMS Rear Folding Seat
CHES Deluxe Headliner
CKJS Black Vinyl Floor Covering
CKLS Cargo Compartment Floor Mat
DGB All 4-Speed Automatic Transmissions
DGRS 4-Spd. Automatic 46RH Transmission
DHAS Lock-Up Torque Converter
DJAS 200MM Front Axle
DMDS 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio
DRBS Corporate 9.25 LD Rear Axle
DSA Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
ELF 5.2L V8 MPI Engine
GAE Sunscreen Glass
GBBS Tinted Windshield Glass
GCBS Front Door Tinted Glass
GFA Rear Window Defroster
GNAS Rear View Day/Night Mirror
GPBS Pwr Fldg Htd Drvr Memory Mirrors
GVAC All Vehicles W/O Power Mirrors
HAA Air Conditioning
HGAS Hood Insulation
JDBS 180 KPH Primary Speedometer
JHA Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JJAS Cigar Lighter
JJB Dual Note Electric Horns
LAFS Key in Ign/Seat Belt Warning Buzzer
LAJS Headlamps On Warning Chimes
LMKS Daytime Running Headlamps, High Beam
MBBS Bright Front Bumper
MBES Bright Rear Bumper
MFDS Bright Grille
MHAS Black Windshield Moldings
NAAS Federal Emissions
NBKS EVAP Control System
NFUS 34 Gallon Fuel Tank
NHB Auxiliary Transmission Oil Cooler
NHKS Engine Block Heater
NMC Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
PW7 Bright White Clear Coat
QW7S Bright White Clear Coat
RAAC All Radio Equipped Vehicles
RALS AM/FM Radio
RCBP 2 Speakers
SBAS Power Rack and Pinion Steering
SCBS Perforated Steering Whl w/Red Stitch
SFB Front Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
SGB Rear Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
SHA Front Stabilizer Bar   
TBBS Full Size Spare Tire
TBLS Inside Mounted Spare Tire
TSCS P235/75R15 BSW All Season Tires
TZHP Michelin Brand Tires
WCBS 15x5.0 Aluminum Wheels
WLBS Steel Spare Wheel
WLYC All Steel Wheels
WMAS Black Hub Caps
XPFS Protective Coating and Remover
YACS Build To Canada Mkt. Specifications

ProjectPW

Wow that RC had all the options...cool  :great:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!